Is he scared to lose me?

mjoao93

I've been spending the past week and a half contemplating how to break up with a guy I had been seeing. I recently told him I was going to dinner with a friend, I didn't say it was a guy but I'm guessing he assumed it was. Which was true. He hasnt treated me the best in the past including Hanging Out With His Ex. Ever since I mentioned my dinner dates with my mysterious friend he has brought up hanging out more. Taking me out, and has gone so far as making sure I know nothing is going on between him and the ex. He reaches out more to check on me. I dont know how to take this because he was never this affectionate before. Do you think he is serious now because I don't want to play anymore games. I was serious about ending things but ever since I'm not so sure.

If he honestly cared about you he should have treated you well from the beginning, not when he senses he might lose you. Him stepping up now is for his own benefit.

The beginning is when we are on our best behavior. If that was his best then you are better off without him.

He may very well win you back but what he was like before when the `games' weren't being played is probably the best indicator of who really is. My guess is he'll rise to the challenge and then revert back to his real self.

My thoughts are, the chances of this relationship moving forward are slim to none. I would have walked after knowing he was hanging out with his ex, but you chose to stoop to his level by having dinner dates with this other guy.

No offense intended, but any sense of loyalty you both may have had seems to have flown out the window.

If he was ever afraid of losing you, he would treat you like a queen and you would feel that he really cares about you. Sorry to be blunt, but no I don't think he is afraid to lose you and you should walk away and find someone who will do almost anything for you. I just broke off a relationship w/my 1st love because he wasn't afraid to lose and made no effort to show the care that I deserved (I cared for him and spoiled him, not in a material way, just w/love).

Archived