How do I get her to stop speaking to me?

Zovi

Ok so most of my friends left school last year. I'm pretty much a loner now because everyone has their groups and I can't really fit in to any, which I don't mind since I would rather just concentrate on my school work. This girl keeps speaking to me in maths and we used to be friends but that was only because she was in the "group" that I was in so we never really spoke before, I find her very irritating and annoying since all she talks about is her family ,she doesn't care about what I say in the conversation and she constantly disagrees with me even if it's just a little thing. She does have friends so it's not like it matters to her if we're friends. To add to all that she also says things about me behind my back.

I really don't want to speak to her so how do I do it politely? I have tried sitting away from her in maths but she just calls my name and keeps asking why I'm sitting away from her and than keeps saying things to me. I don't want to be a I just would rather do my work in maths than talk about her aunty Jane's party next week, it really doesn't interest me at all and she obviously doesn't like me very much if whenever I tell her about events etc going on in my life she just makes a quick comment and then moves on to talk about herself again.

so what should I do?

She also keeps contacting me and one of the friends that left school and it's kind of bothering both of us? We don't want to be rude but we don't want to spend our free time talking about a bunch of people in her family we have never met and frankly don't care about.

Or you say: Something like " listen... I heard what you said about me behind my back and I'm not sussed to be speaking with you now. Good luck with your school year." Then you just ignore her. It doesn't mean you're rude if you simply tell people why you don't care to be round them if they've been disloyal or rude to YOU behind your back.

I agree with thatwasthen, you can choose to tell the person politely, without hurting her why you do not want be around her anymore or you can tell her if you appreciate her friendship the truth and then fix the relation. No one must me force to be around the people they do not want to be.

A good friendship is a two lanes highway. Both part must provide reinforcement for the positive things and fix the negative things.

Archived