Finding love again after breakup...

I feel like knowing there's hope helps me a little with healing from the breakup with my ex which has been a rough journey with learning how to finally let go, and going through the grieving stage, but is getting better with time. Is there anyone out there that's gone through a breakup that they thought they would never recover from but after healing found love again? I just wanna hear some inspirational stories to keep me going

I'm six months out of a ten year relationship in which I was dumped horribly, some of her friends whom I quite liked joined in with her to lay the boot in. I feel a lot better now and have a really attractive woman showing a lot of interest in me presently. You'll feel better, but it takes a little time. You'll know when you're ready to date again when you're ready, in the meantime get out and see friends and get introduced to a new circle of people.

Well, I was recovering from my Ex-Ex when I met the woman who left me just a month ago. We were together for 2 years. It had been less than 2 months after the previous one ended (which was 4 years), but meeting her swept most of my worries away, though my recovery really strained the relationship for a good 6 months or so. I felt hopeless 2 years ago and I feel hopeless now, but having recovered once gives me almost infinite resolve to get through it. My motto is that a tiny bit of pain in addition to the breakup feels like nothing, so I'm going crazy at the gym. When I'm recovered, I'm also going to be a beefcake.

I'm six months out of a ten year relationship in which I was dumped horribly, some of her friends whom I quite liked joined in with her to lay the boot in. I feel a lot better now and have a really attractive woman showing a lot of interest in me presently. You'll feel better, but it takes a little time. You'll know when you're ready to date again when you're ready, in the meantime get out and see friends and get introduced to a new circle of people.

Great to hear Dave you had the right mindset from the get go and it helped you tremendously. Proud of you mate!

Cheers kb, thanks for the input as ever. I've been through break-ups before and remembered the emotional devastation. This time I wanted to fast track through the rubbish and pick myself up as quickly as possible with as little pain as humanely possible. I've concentrated on career, gardening, spending quality time with good friends and family amongst other things. I think in this situation you have to process the reality of what's happening as quickly as possible, to catch up and overtake the person who finished with you because they had a head start. The greatest response you can give to their a**hole behaviour is to move on with your life and be happy in yourself in as short a timeframe as possible. You have to get back to the confident happy person you were before their cr*p drained the life out of you, and say to yourself that you're the better person.

Interesting comments Dave. I've been following you since I first came here. Your threads started around the time of mine I think. It's been 6 months since for me. I know I'm not ready to be in a serious relationship right now. I've also concentrated on career, time with friends etc. It still hurts. Really the only thing missing in my life is the relationship thing. I'm quite happy in all other areas. I don't need a relationship to survive but it would add to my life. The only thing holding me back from a relationship is the emotionally devastating breakup.

Archived