16 year old dating

ftkdancer

Hi there. I' m wrining here to give you a scenario, and would like feedback, and suggestions, about what you would do. Scenario......16 year old step daughter is dating a 17 year old guy, that just got busted for trafficking weed. What would you do in this situation? What is your roll as a step parent? What is your roll, as a parent?

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.

In situations like this, you want to be able to keep her trust and confidence. Banning her from seeing the boy will likely only result in her sneaking it, which can be a slippery slope into her starting to hide more things as well. On the other hand, it is your job as a parent to do your best to keep them out of harm's way. In this case, the extent to which I mean "harm" is her getting caught with the guy while he's trafficking and not so much physically.

When I was younger, I was the only white kid in a Mexican neighborhood and was sent to the outlying suburbs to distribute to other white kids as it was a much lower profile. The people who traffic are about as out of the loop as you can get while being in the loop. "Put this in your car and drive from here to here."

How long have you been the step-parent for? The question of your role would probably be much better asked to your partner than us.

As a step parent it is best to let her parent handle it.

Yeah I agree with this. If you are the step-parent then this needs to be the job of the parents to set the boundaries here. Your job is to be supportive of that boundary.

Archived