Hypothetical "bumping" into ex and her current SO

I've been trying to figure out how to act when/if I bump into ex and her current SO.

From what I can tell, this guy knew full well of our fall-out and that she was still married to me, while they were starting their fling. She still had pictures of us while she was starting with him (I've asked a friend to untag me as soon as I found out), and this dude appears to be a fb aficionado. The guy appears to be needy (from what I was told, changing his fb pic to their mutual one within months or less of "dating", while she was still married to me...). What bothers me, is that I don't know if I'd be able to shake his hand, if we were to run into each other. I have zero respect for somebody like him. Not sure if it's my ego talking (probably), but I just can't fathom appearing to be like it's the best thing that ever happened to me when I see them. As for her, I don't think she'd arouse any kind of reaction out of me at this point, except for me still appearing to be the she knew me as. I suppose you could say I'm still an , but I have x1000 more awareness of this right now. I have nothing to prove to her, either.

Just a hypothetical, "what would Jesus do?" Can I turn the other cheek? Perhaps. It's just very hard to do. I hope I never get the "pleasure", but we did run into two of her exes while we were together, so odds are against me lol

Appreciate any input.

You don't have to shake his hand. Just say "hello". I wouldn't think that having a long conversation would be called for either.

Agreed. It's just odd to me to purposefully not shake another guy's hand, you know? I might be just overthinking this.

I don't think he would want to shake your hand either! Awkward! It just depends on the situation. If you were somehow accidentally in the same social group at the same time I think hello would suffice. Spotting him randomly on the street, I probably wouldn't say anything.

Just a hypothetical, "what would Jesus do?" Can I turn the other cheek? Perhaps. It's just very hard to do. I hope I never get the "pleasure", but we did run into two of her exes while we were together, so odds are against me lol

Appreciate any input.

I doubt Jesus would condone adultery and act like everything was OK. He would tell them to repent, and if they did he would forgive them and tell them to sin no more. At least that is what I believe I read in the bible.

I doubt Jesus would condone adultery and act like everything was OK. He would tell them to repent, and if they did he would forgive them and tell them to sin no more. At least that is what I believe I read in the bible.

Destroying them in an epic flood is also a great choice.

She didn't cheat on me with that guy, so no adultery, just crappy situation. Appreciate everybody's input!

Archived