When does dating evolve into just doing things together?

RomanticDream

I've been on five dates with this girl that I'm currently seeing and things seem to be going fine. I've never bought up the topic of exclusivity as yet and while we have been dating, I haven't stopped trying to meet other girls while I'm out, but I like this one and would like to go exclusive and pursue a meaningful relationship with her.

It's a bit embarrassing, but I've never been in a serious long term relationship. Over the last few years, I've just dated very short term or met girls while out; but never anything serious.

At what point should we stop going on 'dates' and just start doing things together without it having to be a structured date?

Ask her out for lunch.

Discuss what fun things you might like to do together that you haven't done before or in a long time.

Plan a movie night or watch a TV show with some popcorn.

Make dinner together

Offer to hangout together on the weekend

If you want to be exclusive, tell her how you feel and see if she wants the same thing as you. It's so much more satisfying and beautiful to engage in an exclusive long term relationship with someone you're crazy about. Things will naturally evolve where you're spending a lot more time together, such as spending the night together, going out to breakfast, and then going on a hike or attending a flea market, etc.

I've been on five dates with this girl that I'm currently seeing and things seem to be going fine. I've never bought up the topic of exclusivity as yet and while we have been dating, I haven't stopped trying to meet other girls while I'm out, but I like this one and would like to go exclusive and pursue a meaningful relationship with her.

It's a bit embarrassing, but I've never been in a serious long term relationship. Over the last few years, I've just dated very short term or met girls while out; but never anything serious.

At what point should we stop going on 'dates' and just start doing things together without it having to be a structured date?

When you want. Keep it simple.

"I really enjoy seeing you. I would like to see you exclusively. What do you think?"

That's when she laughs, reaches into your chest, pulls out your heart, throws it against the wall, and says "you won't be needing this".

Or more likely she'll smile and say "cool".

Archived