Asking your ex for a temporary place to stay

PofApril....I am sorry you are struggling with this...I know it's hard ...

But if you truly are scared he's not really your friend ... and only using you as a f-buddy....and that's why you want to do this....then just STOP having sex with him. You will find out REAL FAST how good of a "friend" he is then...

And stop lying to yourself. This game you are playing to find out if he's truly a friend is bull shyt...and is gonna end up biting you in the a$$ ...trust me (and everyone posting on this thread) about that.

Again...if you really want to know once and for all if he is truly your friend....just stop having sex with him...his response to that will tell you everything you need to know.

I have tried this, doesn't really change much, although sex is never really planned between us in our communications so maybe next time it pops up when we are together I should say no, then after that I can see how he is.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
April, you seem so sweet and sincere. I hope things end well for you... You deserve so much happiness.

Thank you JA, I dont think I have felt this way about anyone before so it is very hard for me. One part of me says leave him for good no matter what he is going through and the other says I need to show him what a real friend is and not leave because I am no longer fulfilled, when we love someone so much its hard to put ourselves first and with him I have clearly lost my ability to turn away.

I know how you feel OP. I have kept a relationship with my ex husband and I have the same feelings you have. I wish I would have found this site when we first broke up. I would have done things so different. I would not have kept our relationship going and I would have not slept with him. I read the whole thread and like Shooting Star said you might have to do this to get a final answer either way on the direction your relationship is going or not going. And I am sure he cares about you just as my ex does. But everyone is right that it is just not the same as it was once before. Things change and feelings change. I am really sorry you are struggling with this but know your not alone and I have been reading this forum for over 2 years and everyone says this is not a good idea to in contact with the ex. Everyone of these threads is the same thing Go no contact.. I am going to start thinking about my emotional wellbeing for now on and I hope you choose the same. Sorry for rattling on about this I hope you feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived