Ok my boyfriend and i have been broken up for about a week, like some of you know...well my question is i have some of his things still and i was just wondering if i should give them back, or should i wait until he gives me $500 that he owes me for the car i sold him?

When he called on Sunday, he asked if i got the email saying that he needed his things back, i told him he could have them back once i got the money, he didn't say anything and just changed the subject, but i know that he is going to be asking me again for them, i am just scared that if i give in and give him back his things...(some tools that he left in my car, and his daughters car seat) he won't follow thru and pay me the money that i sooo despertly need.

Any advice would be great...thanks...i still haven't talked to him...HURRAY 4 ME!! he even had his brother IM me today saying that he wanted to call me i just said that i was busy and i didn't want to talk to him. It's hard but i know if i listen to him my mind will start believing that he's better. thanks everyone!

I would hold onto his stuff until he paid me what he owed me. If things turn ugly, then you could always try something like small claims court as a way to get your money...

I'm glad you're sticking to NC! That is great!

It just occurred to me that he may decide to never get the stuff you have and never pay you either. In that case, you're stuck with his stuff and if you don't go the small claims route, you never get your money... Though, in the long run, the $500 might be a small price to pay just to get him out of your life, you know? (Just thinking out loud, I guess)

good for you for not talking with him. keep that up. your issue at hand here sounds like a job for Judge Judy...

money issues suck when it comes to exs. if i were you id make a verbal contract with him, or even better get a written contract noterized saying when you need the money by & in exchange you will return his belongings. or if youd accept weekly payments & in return you will give him back 1 item at a time until the $500 is paid for. but to me thatll just prolong everything. if i were you id make a set date & mail him a copy to sign. make sure you have a copy for yourself as well. mucho importante'!

if he doesnt agree to that, then small claims court could be the next step. but id not look at it as a touchy ex bf situation. hes a guy who owes you money & youre a girl that has his stuff. it has to be dealt with, with no feelings attached. its a financial situation & thats that.

good luck with everything.

-DG724

You know you will probably never get this money back. I know you need it desperately but I'd just forget about it. As another poster said, small price to pay. Get his brother to pick up his stuff if he's going to hassle you about it.

Don't have any further direct contact with this guy at all. You are not over him yet and he will try to suck you back in. You are going to miss him more and more in the next few weeks. Don't give yourself or him any reason to be in contact. In 2 years time you will not even notice the $500.