confused and lost...

My situation is a confusing one, to me anyway.

My girlfriend and I have had a rocky past, but we were over that, so fast forward to now.

We had survived a break-up prior to now. While we were apart, I met this girl named Jami. Things were going nowhere with her, and in the meantime, my ex and I had worked things out.

A few weeks later, I was living in another town with her without a job. I moved back in with my mom to look for work. While I was there, my ex girlfriend said she just needed some time with her and her boys and some space from me. I took that as she was breaking up.

Like I said, we had a rocky past. I was going to leave it at that and move on, because I was very much in love with her and the pain would be unbearable. I thought things would take off with this other girl, Jami, so I got back ahold of her. Me and my ex were talking again a couple of days later, and I made the mistake of telling her I got ahold of Jami , but I told her things really wouldn't work out, I was confused, and I even changed my number to prove to my ex how much things meant with her, and I really wasnt ready for any relationship, honestly.

In the past week, me and my ex have gotten back really close as friends, until last night. She said she really can't get things with this other girl out of her head, and we can never be together because it will always be in the back of her mind. But she has said so before and we were going to try to mend things.

I made a mistake last night. I told her that I can never really talk as friends, and if she ever changed her mind, I'll always be there for her. She messaged me back, saying, "well I guess no more communication then. Goodbye for good, this time I wont be texting back. ever." She has said this before.

I have texted her a few times and called her. In my texts, I have explained that I was mad last night, I really dont want her out of my life, and if we can only be friends, it will get easier in time. I really want to be friends and see where it goes from there. I know there still could be a chance if I can just prove to her that she IS the only girl I want and I won't hurt her anymore. What should I do? I know if I give her space, she might come around...but I'm worried if she doesn't. I know there isn't anything I can do if she doesn't.

Welcome to ENA

There is a lot of push and pull going on with your gf which isn't good at all. Are you sure you want to be with this woman? Seems like there is way to much work and drama surrounding all this for a healthy relationship.

Why don't you stop chasing her and stop trying to be her friend and begin to make your life what you want it to be. Being single isn't fatal and can be very good for you when you haven't got your life straight.

Lost

I know I need to move on, I'm just going through that crucial phase during the first part of the breakup. We have been through so much, it's finally time to let go. Thanks for your advice, it gave me a little bit more insight on where my priorities should lie.

Welcome to ENA

There is a lot of push and pull going on with your gf which isn't good at all. Are you sure you want to be with this woman? Seems like there is way to much work and drama surrounding all this for a healthy relationship.

Why don't you stop chasing her and stop trying to be her friend and begin to make your life what you want it to be. Being single isn't fatal and can be very good for you when you haven't got your life straight.

Lost

You said so yourself, that you can NOT talk- as friends, then stop giving in to her & chasing.

Sounds like the damage is done

And as for YOU... do NOT be thinking of jumping into another relationship any time soon. You're getting yoruself all confused & hurt getting caught between two women now.

Stop.. back away and take some down time to deal with YOU and your own emotions & mental health.

You can never be able to give whole heartedly when you're mind is still stuck in your past.

Can only move on when you ARE over this one.

You can NOT be friends with an Ex until those feelings are gone. Consider being 'friends' maybe in a year?

As for her being the 'one' for you. If she was, you would not have taken a chance on that other girl again.

This shows YOUR instability right now.

Archived