Staying strong with NC

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You dont even need any input from anyone now. You already know you are being suckered in.

Dont send it unless your now enjoying the drama, have no respect for yourself and want to continue with the anxiety.

Youve been here how many times now ?

How many more times are you prepared to be here ?

Everytime you send you continue wasting your life. When you ask someone if they love you do you want them to say "Well I'm trying too or I'm not sure"

Move on you have said all this before. Youv probably already sent it ?

It's so old.

Your message is meant to continue the drama. Things wont change and you know that. If you wanted to heal for real, and eventually find someone who's a better fit for you, you wouldn't even entertain the idea of replying or contacting him in any way. You aren't done with the drama yet. You haven't had your fill just yet. Eventually you will have had enough though, but probably with a bit more pain and crap built up from continuing...

I did not send the email. I blocked the other email now too.

I'm done. I hate this anxious feeling.

I think it helped crafting the letter for myself. I realize that it does no good to say these things to him. He isn't listening anyway.

You're right. He is not up to the monumental effort it would take.

Ugh. Okay - letting go.

I have reconciled with my bf ---2x. And IT IS a monumental task --- even when trust hasn't been broken.

In our case --- life happenings --- caused a break in the storyline of our relationship.

But relationships are living things --- and you cannot drop one and pick it up months later without dealing with a lot of stuff.

Reconciliation (at least successful ones) ain't for the faint of heart.

He cannot even go a week without disrespecting your request for space.

"We need to talk" ---- for the 1,432nd time ----- about "I don't know". No, you don't need to talk about it again.

Thanks Draven8-

Ok - I need some help here.

I've gone NC- blocked his phone, text and emails.

Well- just sent me another email from a new address so it would reach me.

Says he wants to talk!!

I don't want to get suckered in again but if he really wants to reconcile what do I do??

New phase of my 'healing'... A sense that it never even happened, accepting that it's not going to happen, telling myself he doesn't miss me and telling myself in times of weakness and wanting to get in touch that even though I don't think there is anyone else I've told myself he's with a new girl. It's enabled me to Stay strong in NC and not contact him and also given me some sort of reason for this having happened....weirdly I now have this odd sense of calm... So for anyone else struggling with NC tell yourself the he or she is with someone new.hard as that is it helps...

Thanks. I'm feeling strong.

There is peace is having blocked him in every way possible. I have no expectation of hearing from him now and I will not contact him, so I can relax. Plus I'm 400 miles away for the next 5 days so I know he won't just show up and mess with my head.

Feeling good!!

Does this get easier?!

I'm back home from being away visiting family for the holiday and now I'm starting my daily routine, getting kids to school and going to work.

It's hard to ignore the absence of him in this daily routine.

I miss him. It still hurts just as much.

I feel like I'm white knuckling it this more.

When does it ease up?!

Does this get easier?!

I'm back home from being away visiting family for the holiday and now I'm starting my daily routine, getting kids to school and going to work.

It's hard to ignore the absence of him in this daily routine.

I miss him. It still hurts just as much.

I feel like I'm white knuckling it this more.

When does it ease up?!

It comes in waves. Let it hit you, move through you, and then in back of you. You're going to be ok. Just breath and hit the gym (hit it hard). Eat, Drink, Gym, Breathe....don't forget to breathe!!!

"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost

I'm going to go for a run after work.

It does come in waves. Most days I feeling I've accepted things, other days I wish he would come back but the reality is that don't really want that either.

I'm looking forward to feeling indifferent. That's what I need.

I need to remind myself that I cannot hold out hope. I have to let go for good.

I saw his jeep today on my way to work. He usually works from home these days and it's a bit far. But he has an office near my work. As far as I know he has no real reason to come to the office. He used to work there vesus home if we were going to get together.

Anyway, I passed him on the way to work this morning. Soooo....all day I kept thinking he was going to reach out to me. But no. Nothing.

I can't reach out to him. It would not make sense to. I asked him not to contact me unless he made up his mind to try again.

After a few breadcrumbs he has given me peace for about 10 days now.

The only way to reconcile is for him to decide it's really what he wants and is willing to work hard at it. He was unable to say so last we spoke, hence the NC request from me.

So why did I spent my energy today hoping for something that isn't going to happen?

Ugh!!

Archived