Woman on Top

I have only done this position once and didn't really care for it. I felt like I was doing it wrong or like I should be doing something else. I was just wondering how exactly this position works? Also, what should I do with my hands - touch myself, him, or what? Also, I am scared to death that I am going to hurt him or something - is that stupid??? I guess I am just confused...I don't care for this position but I know guys love it so I want to learn to feel comfortable about doing it. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

At first I really didn't like this position, and neither did my guy. He likes to dominate in bed, and I am very inexperienced so I didn't know what I was doing. The first several times we were together, we avoided this position, although I did try it a few times with no success. I couldn't get him off. Also, I'd never had an orgasm during intercourse. The whole situation was very frustrating and it caused a lot of tension in the bedroom.

The last few times we were together (we're in an LDR so we don't see each other very often), we decided to just stop worrying and simply do our best to find what works for us. I finally got back on top again, and I started to realize that this was the best position for us. It has quickly become our favorite position.

I think the trick was to start slow. Figure out how to move and what angles feel the best. As with any other position, the way your bodies are angled changes the overall feeling. But the point is to find what works for you. Don't be shy about experimenting, and even ASK him what he wants you to do. To make it more erotic and less like a sex ed class, maybe have him show you what he wants. Let him control your angle, and do your best to make it work before giving up. Let him put your hands where he wants them.