Quick update for everyone.

Gimpyrks

Hey everyone. I just wanted to give you all an update of what's going on in my life since you all have been so supportive and I've been away from ENA for a bit.

Mem is doing okay, she is really starting to lose her hair (not sure why this bothers me emotionally so much) and although she has some great days she seems more tired in general, which is to be expected I guess.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this on ENA but my Pep (Mem's husband) has also fallen ill over the last two weeks. Well really ill. He went to the hospital and was admitted for about a week and now he is in an assisted living home. The diagnosis is liver disease, he has a 10% functioning liver. Right now this is what's hitting me the hardest. I'm not sure if this will make sense but in my mind we are doing everything we can for my grandmother, and in the big scheme of things (if everything goes perfectly and she doesn't get a secondary infection), she will be okay. My grandfather will not. The doctors say that there isn't anything we can do for him other than managing his symptoms. He has a lot of fluid build up everywhere and the fluid in his abdomen makes it near to impossible for him to do anything more than just lie in bed. When he was in the hospital they were able to drain 5 liters of fluid out of his abdomen which helped a lot, but the doctors explained that it's just like a vacuum and makes room for more fluid to accumulate. In an attempt to help him breathe he is on morphine to help relax his diaphragm.

He's on lacix which helps to eliminate the excess fluid, but it doesn't help very much.

So needless to say I'm not going to Ohio. I know I will get flamed for this, for "putting my life on hold" but I need to do this. There are always other opportunities but right now I have a limited time with my Grandfather (who is like my father since mine cut off all ties with me when I was 11).

I just wanted to give everyone an update as to why I'm not on ENA much anymore.

Archived