Is it just me or does POF suck...

Jeffbobo

Yeah, I just looked at the pictures. (Okay, I read the profiles initially, but that didn't last long.)

Also, put me down for team "hook-ups shouldn't be challenging".

I agree. The pics come first, as long as they're not all showing face shots. She misinterpreted my update on challenges. Of course, hook-ups shouldn't be a challenge.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My update was based on your statement of putting in your profile "no casual hook ups, please". Players will pay no attention to that statement. They'll play right along with you.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT and now I can give them the "Thank you for playing" t-shirt before we even meet each other. This is so true.

Love the idea! I'll start planning right now.

(Talk about taking things too fast, haha )

Me too. I texted my new man that I was moving into his house this weekend. Meant to text my bestie as a joke, because I am crushing so hard. By new, I mean, less than two months. Embarrassing!

Lol! I guess I've never thought of ENA as a potential online dating site.

On a serious note:

I can foresee something potentially healthy flourishing between two people who have already been here for awhile, not still dwelling on whatever brought them here to begin with, etc.

But take your two average, struggling newish posters: Wow, that is just disaster waiting to happen. Vulnerability abound.

My friend, a publicist, met her now husband on POF, who is a biologist. Both are awesome people. There's plenty of ugly frogs you're gonna need to wince at on all the sites. All it takes is one!

Match, had a few relationships from that that were over a year. Eharmony, almost married the dude I met there (broke up of course). And I know over 10 couples myself that met on Match, and are now happily married with kids.

Hi there, I have just read your post and I am on POF in the UK and I totally get where you are coming from with some of the messages I receive. What I also noticed too and which compelled me to write to you is that you are based in Minneapolis. My friend who is also in Minneapolis, well, works in MN and lives in Woodbury, an American girl, 41, intelligent and absolutely beautiful also finds this problem with guys messages on POF and gets totally annoyed at their lack of content. Perhaps you guys should meet for a coffee?!? Haha.

Maybe things got lost in transition, but I thought this poster was wanting to introduce the OP to her friend, not herself? Lol..

Archived