Was it one big lie?

To keep this short and to the point, how do I stop questioning if any of the relationship was real? If he was ever being real and genuine? If he feigned interest or really did like me? I know what I felt was sincere and I meant everything I said to him. I guess I'm trying to legitimize my own feelings.

It doesn't matter if his feeling were real and genuine - yours were, so it was real. You don't have to find a way to legitimize your feelings. They are legitimate simply because you feel them. Unless you know he's a sociopath, you must accept your memories, his actions and words as true. But feelings do change, thank God. I'd hate to still be crushing on Jordan Small from second grade at Oak Terrace Grade School.

I know what you mean. I've been there. But fact of the matter is, it was real to you and now it's over, so does it matter? I thought of all the things he said and done and thought maybe it was all lies, look how we ended up, but I decided just not to harp on it. If you didn't get anything else out of it, it was a learning experience. Keep your head up dear, at least you k own you were real regardless.

Someone here told me that a lot of the things I was questioning is... was it real? Did he love me? Did I mean anything to him? And of course I did mean something to him at one time. He made the effort to be with me, just as much as I did if not MORE. He was the pursuer in our relationship. Knowing that made me feel a bit better. I think we twist in the wind thinking that we didn't matter to them but for most of the longer term relationship, we did at one time. I know I felt it and meant it when I said I love and cared for him and I gave him a lot, maybe too much actually. I know my side of the street is pretty darn clean, so I have to realize that I was capable and willing to be in a healthy relationship, but he wasn't.

I know my side of the street is pretty darn clean, so I have to realize that I was capable and willing to be in a healthy relationship, but he wasn't.

This is what I need to tell myself. I can't blame myself for anything. I was looking for a mutually fulfilling and healthy relationship.

Archived