I don't understand, does he not understand what he did?

I posted a few weeks ago about my breakup in late May.

I have my ex blocked on FB, removed him from my linkedin, etc. He has made

no attempt to contact me. Our ending started when he gave me the silent treatment

after our first and only disagreement in 10 months. A few weeks after our split I found

from several woman that he had been cheating the entire time we were together. As I've

said before, I would have never guessed.

I never confronted my ex about learning of all of the cheating. The relationship was over,

and really better for me in the long run, as I was seeing other red flags that I didn't care for,

even though I did care for and love him.

I do believe that he knows that I know about it, through third party sources, however.

The things I started hearing, right after the breakup, was that he was telling people it

really wasn't anything, he didn't love me, all that good stuff. All the stuff I heard about all

of his other ex's. So he obviously did not want the relationship to continue as he never

made an attempt to reconcile when we split.

So why is he still doing all of the ridiculous stuff on FB? From what I hear he is still making snide

remarks (which I'm sure are directed at me), comments about don't look back, the quotes referring

to not staying with the wrong one, all the childish stuff. It's been almost 2 months. I was told

a few days ago, by a mutual friend, to watch what I put on FB as the ex is stalking my page through

other people. I don't put any off that foolish stuff on my page. He is supposedly in another relationship

and again madly in love, so why? He's almost 50!

Chronological age has little to do with mental and emotional maturity. He showed you who he is what he'll be like when he was badmouthing his ex's to you. Now you are the ex and who cares what he is doing or saying. It doesn't matter, not your problem, not your concern, good bye and good riddance. So do yourself a huge favor and tell your friends that you have moved on and are not interested in hearing gossip about him. Life is too short and you have more interesting topics to talk about. Btw, he is not madly in love, he is madly nuts. Recognize it, move on, stop dwelling on it. You can't give him a new brain.

You're so right. I just don't like the idea of him stalking my page through others. I've deleted people I think

could be sharing with him. However, I don't put personal things on my page.

I was being a bit sarcastic about the "madly in love" comment. I know he's not madly in love. He can't be alone.

I need to be alone after a breakup.

Thank you and you're so right. It doesn't matter what he's saying, or even seeing. The silent treatment I received

from him was a blessing in disguise.

You are a symbol of guilt to him. What would happen (from his perspective) if he owned up to his disgusting and horrible behavior? He would have to face reality and he is scared of the guilt and way deep down ashamed and embarrassed of himself. So, right now he has his own little reality and probably has his own little fake story that he convinces himself is true so that he can get through the day with his head held high.

I am kind of in the same boat except my fiance and I were together for 16 years. Everything seemed pretty much perfect in the grand scheme of things and then out of the blue, she cheated and bolted and pretty much never looked back. She thinks that she did the right thing! lol. She is beyond delusional. There is no excuse for the hell she is putting me through. I would not wish this pain upon my worst enemy.

Thanks Lonewing. First, I do have him blocked. And I did delete anyone that I can think that would would passing information on to him. But I don't put anything personal on my page anyway.

Destroyed33, I'm sorry about your situation. I look at other peoples posts and know that I don't have it as bad as

others. I do know that he has to many head issues for me. Even though he was always sweet to me he treats others awful. He really is not a nice person deep down inside.

I'm not sure how much guilt he actually has. I'm not sure if he is capable of it.

Hurtgirl15, he sounds much like my X. Mine is 57 and still acts like he is 16. He was a habitual lier and may have cheated, but I have no proof. Love this statement because it is so true

Chronological age has little to do with mental and emotional maturity.

I know that his son was stalking my FB page after we broke up, but I unfriended his family, which was really hard for me because I really liked his daughter and grand daughter, but that part of my life is gone now. I have not heard a word from anyone, which is good. I don't post much on my pages anyway as I don't have much to say so there is not much to stalk. I really dislike FB now.

Archived