Hello,

After just over 5 weeks I am still in a position where I am not moving on and I feel now basically what I felt on the first day.

I'm averaging 2-3 hours sleep a night and all I do is obsess, ruminate and have pains of jealousy of another man with my ex girlfriend who can make her happier far greater than I can.

What another crappy weekend that was.

This moving on business is tough.

It's extremely difficult. Even now, almost three months later, I still get the odd day when I dwell on what might have been.

It's going to take longer than five weeks for you to move on, so all I can suggest is keeping busy, rediscovering old interests, and to some degree, making a deliberate effort not to think about her.

None of that will work perfectly, but it'll help you transition to a more stable state of mind.

The first few weeks of my break up I took sleep pills a few hours before going to bed. They really calm your mind and help you to relax even if the pain sucks, and then they allow you to actually have a good night's sleep. At least the brand I'm on (Zopiclone). Previous break ups I was the same, sleeping a couple of hours a night and it was the worst. Sorry you're going through this =[

Archived