Boyfriend and Vegas. Help

haml16

Hey, so my boyfriend of 5 months is going to Vegas with some friends. He invited me to go but I have class and I'm already going after graduation in June. He is pretty bummed I can't go. However, I think its great that he's going with friends and its healthy to have some guy time away from the girlfriend. I trust him... I think. Its just that 5 months isn't very long and overall I don't trust men. lol. Soooo should I say something to him? I don't want him to feel guilty for going though. Cause it is totally fine! Im just anxious imaging him seeing skinny naked ladies while drinking. If I do talk to him...what should I say?

Thank You!

Also, he hasn't done anything that makes me question his judgement. A very sweet boyfriend.

You either trust him or you don't.

He asked you to come, so its not like he is going there to cheat, probably. Vegas IS all about naked ladies and drinking. That`s why guys go there in groups to have some guy time.

If you tell him "hey, don't cheat on me while there, ok?" it will sound a bit strange, I think. You can make a joke about it, if you really want to say these words, but if you believe him - you believe him and you wont say anything.

Its just that 5 months isn't very long and overall I don't trust men. lol.

That's something you need to deal with on your own. Should you really be in a relationship with a man when you really don't trust men? Don't say anything to your bf- it's not his problem/fault and the last thing you want to do is introduce a pattern of insecurity/reassurance into the relationship.

If you trust him, then try not to let it bother you. It does say something that he wanted you to come. If he was going there for shady reasons or had alterior motives then he wouldn't have extended the invitation to you at all. The best thing I ever did was get the mindset "Innocent until proven guilty" with men. If he has never given you a reason not to trust him, then trust him. Give him the benefit of the doubt! If he goes and sees strippers, who cares? You can't even TOUCH strippers out there unless you pay hundreds of dollars. I really don't think you should stress about this! Just have some faith, and again, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!

If he is going to cheat it's not going to be because he's in that kind of environment. I agree - you either trust him or you don't. Give him the gift of having space from you -tell him that he doesn't need to be in touch with you while he's away (except maybe a check-in "I got here ok" kind of thing).

Archived