Sometimes, the anguish just comes - unannounced, unwanted, undeniable. A past re-written, a present stultified, a future compromised. And me frozen in the middle of it all unwilling, unable (or both) to do much else but breathe and sit, stew, fret, diddle.

Maybe it was the holiday weekend and a lot of little things adding up to a big thing.

I am in weekly counseling now for 5 years now. I take an AD, occasionally an anxiety med (like today). And then these periods of overwhelming anxiety just grab on anyway.

Action may be a way forward. And I usually do that. It just all seems to add up to nothing but arriving at what feels like a newer and worse place with a few tasks behind me.

I have let go of so much over the past five years - my cheating wife, our financial security, a cratering 12-year business effort.

And still the feelings of inadequacy and hopelessness re-emerge.

I cannot remember the last time I was just happy.

Anyone else?

If your castle has collapsed, then you can either cry over the ruins or try to rebuild it and make sure that you learned of the mistakes made in the past in such a way that your new castle will withstand the blows of that what tries to destroy it.

The past is not your enemy, it's a teacher , but it's classes are far from fun. And since its lessons make you prevent making the same mistakes in the future, you can state that you are moving forward in life.

You left your cheating wife. A good choice, you don't want to be with a liar. You can build a new bussines in a more lucrative area.

As far as i see you have no reason to give up on life or yourself for a matter of fact. Go forward, create a new castle, never give up and never give in. Remember:

Persistance is the key to success.

Archived