I don't think I can handle this anymore

blackmilk

So, I had a long day which was quite enjoyable until the very end. I felt like I was truly getting over my ex until I started to think that I will never be able to experience the same warmth with her ever again. I thought of how she is now with someone else, and that he is now being able to experience everything I once shared dear with her. My ex was my lover and my best friend, so it felt a true loss when she left me. I tried everything I could to salvage the relationship, ranging from therapy to couple counseling, but she did not want to work on the relationship. I am here crying my eyes out thinking that there is no more hope. I feel that I will never find a woman who will ever love me like she did, I feel so unloved right now, so alone. Does my ex feel anything after breaking up with me? Did she even love me? She lied to me about emotionally cheating on me, she made me believe she didn't have feelings for a guy and then had sex with him a week after the relationship ended. I really need a friend who will tell me that everything will be alright because I feel anything but that. I feel so helpless, so alone. I don't think I can handle the pain anymore.

It is only natural that you feel lost and confused. It takes time to get over someone we loved, be patient with yourself. You need to be proactive in your healing, have you gone No contact and made any exciting plans for yourself? The thing is, it is not enough just to be busy with going out etc, try to make some kind of goal or find some meaningful activity which will occupy BOTH your mind and time.

Well was there any skill you wanted to learn? I'm starting taking guitar lessons this week. I also volunteer and train for a marathon. It depends on you really, what you always wanted to do? I also suggest you try counselling, if you are student it should be free for you, it will help you immensely.

Also try looking through this thread - there are others as well, people posting things that have worked to help them get through some of the pain and work through all the changes and feelings following a breakup.

Know that there will be much better days, and the occasional one that will simply flatten you. It happens. Reminders that you're not prepared for can catch you off guard even months later. But you WILL get to the point that the good days outnumber the bad, and the good days get progressively better, and the bad days not quite as unmanageable. And all those who have experienced this kind of loss before you, we're here to listen and offer hope.

Take care.

My ex and I stopped seeing each other about 2 months ago. We were attached at the hip - we didn't live together but he was always with me and my 2 children. He wanted to remain friends but I don't think I could handle that. . not seeing or talking to him like we used to. Since we stopped seeing each other, we did end up sleeping together twice & though I missed him, I regretted it because I didn't want it to become about sex. I still feel so lost! I find it hard NOT to contact him. There are days when I can't stop thinking of him. Days when I have to skip over songs because they remind me of him. Its not the first break up I've experienced but definitely the worst because it wasn't like we broke up on bad terms & for sure, this is the first person I've been with that I felt so strongly about. I have never introduced my family or kids to anyone that I've been with... my family loved him, my kids adored him, etc. He has stopped responding to most of my texts but for some reason I just can't let it go. I even contacted a psychic!! I know they say psychics give false hopes but its like catch 22. I sometimes hold on to the psychics advice that things will work out but at the same time, I think - if it doesn't, I'll be holding on for nothing. I am usually so in control of my emotions but lately, I am besides myself...AFTER 2 MONTHS!

Archived