My Boyfriend Wants to End Our Relationship Over Something So Petty

Buttercup

However, after 4 years, you deserve a better explanation than "Get out of my house". That is not the adult way to go about things. Let him calm down, but you both need to sit down and talk about whatever happened between you.

The above doesn't have anything to do with common law. Sounds more like drama-queen, entitlement to me.

What does saying she "deserves" a better explanation imply? To me, and I think any reasonable person, it implies some obligation.

Just because I asked a question, you don't have a good answer for, doesn't mean I'm jumping on you.

The above doesn't have anything to do with common law. Sounds more like drama-queen, entitlement to me.

What does saying she "deserves" a better explanation imply? To me, and I think any reasonable person, it implies some obligation.

Just because I asked a question, you don't have a good answer for, doesn't mean I'm jumping on you.

To me, this fight isn't enough to warrant him to say "Get out of my house". If I was in this relationship and my boyfriend said that to me after the Vegas thing (and assuming nothing else), then yeah, I would want an explanation. I'm not saying OP isn't in the wrong, but I'm saying I would want to sit down and talk about it like an adult before never talking to him again.

Well, although he was rather harsh, he did give her an explanation. He said that the fact that she had followed him to Vegas had ended their relationship.

That is what drove him to end it but obviously he was already done with the relationship. There is no way he ended it over just this fight.

What piques my mind is how he didn't want you to go to Vegas with him...

Now to be mad at you for going to Vega on your own, well, that's where he can go suck a log in the hole in the middle of the sea and get over himself.

To be treated like this after four years, take it for what it is at face value: the END. Because be honest, who could you want someone like THIS for your partner? The partner you loved is gone, and has been since thanksgiving.

Archived