How to heal from the loneliness?

Two months post break up, I still feel down and depressed about the end of my first love. I am trying to look towards the positives in life, but I feel so lonely up in college since my ex was one of my few friends up here. I am trying to focus my mind of the future, but my ex is still on my mind constantly. She was my best friend, and I feel like she has died in my life. How do you deal with the loneliness after a break up? I'm exercising and keeping my body well, but I wish I could just erase my mind. Could anyone give me some stories or examples of how you got over your ex?

I'm having the same problem as you, so I'd love to read what people says to you.

It's been 4 months since my break up and I feel so much better. But I also have a problem with loneliness.

I only have one friend and I don't see her very much because she is in a relationship. I'm really shy and don't know how to make friends. My ex was my boyfriend and my friend, we used to share so much things...

So I understand you.

I hope people give you some helpful advice.

Stay strong!

Seek out someone who appears as lonely as you and start a casual conversation. See where it leads.

The antidote to loneliness is to reach out to people. Well, it doesn't make sense to start off pursuing people who already have a lot of friends because they don't necessarily need more friends. But someone else who's in the same boat? Break some ice.

Archived