What are you views on gender roles?

Sweetestsin92

My post isn't about full equality in the work force, its about women having the ability to reach higher goals. They are in congderessx doctors, lawyers and CEOs. Let's not get into specifics before we start talking about racism in the work force too. It's pretty obvious my post is speaking only about how far women have went in the work force, this isn't a comparison.

And one, how players have en edge, many reasons. You have women who throw themselves at men thinking this will improve their Chance, their concept of dating screwed by more sexually free women... Check the forum yourself, or better yet, read the replies on how women are supposed to act if they went a steady bf, or how its open-game if they aren't official. It's not hard to assume that someone who exploits and manipulates can stand out in these times.

Plus, from my experience in life and on this forum, it seems the more traditional people are become the casualties in these changes. Women become aggressive, focus on looks and sexual chemistry, then they get stuck into the players web, again, this is posted on these forums, many posters stop short of saying these women wanted it, but I know enough friends who are burnt because they played along thinking men wanted this aggressive position, either because our media is saturated with movies and shows about open sexuality, or from theircircle of friends. Hence why I am always telling people, don't walk the path that the so called bad-guy is doing, because theiron't be any sympathy because of things not asked.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is not safe to say that at all. It is your opinion...and based on very little fact.

Most presidents have been senators or governors of very large states. They have built careers in politics and have substantial backing. While there are more and more women doing this...the time has not yet come for a strong woman to define this as her path and mobilize her base.

The size of the country is irrelevant...both Britain and Isreal are much smaller countries.

I agree, it will come in time. The generations coming up have a higher percentage of women attending university than men. I think also the ongoing issue of lack of women on Boards of Directors for public companies or in the C-Suite will also be evened out with time, right now those spots are dominated with a mostly male cohort of boomers. It will turn around in a few decades.

I'm really enjoying this thread BTW!!!

Some people think I am "traditional" because I don't engage in casual sex. LOL. It has nothing to do with being traditional. I am very independent, ambitious, strong, motivated, I work hard and can never see myself as a "stay at home mom". I expect my man to be modern, to share an equal role in housework and childcare and to also work hard. I would never date a guy who has a history of casual sex as I want someone who I can trust and who shares the same sexual values as me. I do expect to be courted a little and he has to gain my respect and trust before the relationship would become solid.

I don't think he was trying to say that our need for sex is pressuring everyone to sleep around outside of a relationship, but rather that the need for sex is a biological one and that we shouldn't judge anybody based on their gender who CHOOSE to do so. And I agree with this 100%

Yes...this is exactly what I meant! I was encouraging people to do what they want to do regardless of their gender and what traditional gender norms they may feel confined by.

Guys - feel free to jump in at any time and express your views on gender issues as they relate to anything other than sex.

*crickets chirping*

Since the original post was gender roles in the Dating forum...the guys are responding to the question asked...?????

Yes...this is exactly what I meant! I was encouraging people to do what they want to do regardless of their gender and what traditional gender norms they may feel confined by.

That would be ideal. Personally I've seen a lot of women do the opposite - actually use rebelling against a gender norm as a motivating and sometimes sole reason for behavior.

Archived