cant get over my ex girlfriend

Its a long story but here it goes.... i was together with this girl for two years and things ended due to things not working and arguments. after about a month i changed my mind and asked her to get back together with me, unfortunately she hadn't changed hers and said we are better off as friends. this broke my heart and for months i was heartbroken, i didnt want to get out of bed in the mornings. after much begging from my side i eventually gave up and tryed to keep my distance from her. to which she still tryed to contact me regularly saying she missed me. after about 6 months she said she was considering giving us a second chance.. to which we ended up sleeping together after a night out. however nothing came of it and i stopped contact again because i felt she was messing me around.. another couple of months passed and we ended up talking again and sleeping with each other again. then a few weeks after i was drunk as drunk can be and slept with one of her good friends (i know i know am a scumbag) it was a honest mistake i wasn't thinking at the time and turned out to one of the biggest regrets of my life. she naturally was very angry and upset but came to forgive me eventually.. about 6 months after that we slept together another few times after nights out but nothing ever came of it as we tryed to avoid contact with each other after. i really really loved this girl and would still to this day would do anything for her unfortunately i dont think she will ever feel the same way enough to take me back anyways. for years my friends regularly teased me on my feelings towards her. i live with heartache and regret everyday and even though i have moved on in many senses i still cant rid myself the regret and the feeling of "what could of been" this girl could have been the love of my life but i messed it up. its been nearly 3 years since we split up now and i am now travelling Thailand and really enjoying it. we ended up on good speaking terms just before i left and she sent me a message of good luck and to not be a stranger just before i boarded my flight. what advice could you give to a man who has been accustomed to living with the feeling of heartbroken and hurt for the past 3 years? i have tryed everything to move on including sleeping with other women and even going on new experiences like travelling but still at the always at the back of my mind is the worry that i will never get over her.

If you both tried so many times and nothing managed to work maybe it's time to give it a definitive end?

You have to initiate No Contact. This doesn't mean that you won't be friends with her in the future but for now and for as long as it's necessary for you to get over her, you should cease all interaction.

You have to initiate No Contact. This doesn't mean that you won't be friends with her in the future but for now and for as long as it's necessary for you to get over her, you should cease all interaction.

yep, every time you hang out or sleep together, you start the pain all over again.

Wow a lot of drama, stinks

I mean, it sounds like you already HAVE moved on...slept around and stuff...you guys have WAY too much baggage in every sense of the word.

She is just the "one that got away" and that's the only reason you're still into her

If you got back together more drama and heartache would ensue

No contact- and move on for real this time.

Archived