Should i wish her merry xmas?

Forgive me if i seem to take a while to get to the point but need to vent some built up frustration in hope it will help.In June this year i arranged to meet my friend's fiances friend on a night out expecting nothing but a few drinks and a laugh.After a few hours of awkward moments and conversation we eventually decided to meet again and see how it went.To cut a long story short we ended up together in a relationship for a month and a half where she even came and stayed with me for most of the week in that time.I felt the relationship was good from my point of view and through conversations and texts she said she had never felt this way since her ex and that i was her "rock" and "world" but suddenly after spending the night and next afternoon together she text me saying "I don't think this will work as we want different things" with no other explaination.Since then we have never spoken either face to face or over the phone and when i accidentaly messaged her she replied "hey" until next day when i apologized for wrongly messaging her i recieved a text from an unknown number(probably her new b/f)telling me never to phone or text her again.

To cut a long story short i still think about her all the time and wonder should i send her a friendly "merry xmas" message or just leave things as they are?

Don't do it. She (through her boyfriend or whomever) has told you she does not want to hear from you again. Plus, she didn't treat you particularly well in the time that you were together (not cool to suddenly disappear after acting interested) and there's really no friendship to be had there. Why keep in contact?

One thing you need to ask yourself is what the purpose of the text would be. Most likely, you want a response --an encouraging one -- and if you're hoping it will lead to you two getting back together, it's a particularly bad idea. If you want to text her just to remind her that you're around, also a bad idea. She hasn't forgotten, but her not contacting you first is probably a sign that she's not interested in contact, at least at this point.

I can see wanting to contact if things were left ambiguous, but...you've received a message saying not to contact her anymore. Whether it was from her or someone else (I think it was her texting you from someone else's phone), you need to respect that and not contact, even for a special occasion like Christmas.

Archived