Succes in dating is more about attraction than compatibility

radiohead20

Having a child that is generation Z. I can see what you are driving at. I raised my child counter to most parents in the Naughties. But I do see her peers feel more 'entitled' to success when they haven't quite earned it. Only time will tell as adults if they continue to view life this way. This type of attitude makes relationships hard develop let alone last. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I think this battle between the genders on this thread is generational not as gender based as it appears. There does not seem to be much compromise which is what relationships are about.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there are trends within certain generations on certain values, yes. Though of course it's still down to the individual person.

I think it would be very challenging trying to work in an atmosphere filled with "ME" folks though. Even one in a workplace is tough enough! lol.

LOL! in my workplace 40% of any development team is self-absorbed. Everyone wants to write the new code or work with the new technology. They don't want to maintain the old. They want to work when they want to work. They want to release the code when they are available at the inconvenience of others. It is certainly a challenge. .. But I digress.

LOL! in my workplace 40% of any development team is self-absorbed. Everyone wants to write the new code or work with the new technology. They don't want to maintain the old. They want to work when they want to work. They want to release the code when they are available at the inconvenience of others. It is certainly a challenge. .. But I digress.

I digress too...but that sucks!! Poor you, seriously. And it's not like it's uncommon now.

Having a child that is generation Z. I can see what you are driving at. I raised my child counter to most parents in the Naughties. But I do see her peers feel more 'entitled' to success when they haven't quite earned it. Only time will tell as adults if they continue to view life this way. This type of attitude makes relationships hard develop let alone last. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I think this battle between the genders on this thread is generational not as gender based as it appears. There does not seem to be much compromise which is what relationships are about.

I indeed agree with you here, I got to see the difference in just high school education between 2000 and 2005; the change was mindboggling. And our educational departments are embarking on the "Less is More" hypothesis, trying to teach less but at greater depth. Colleges are up to their ears in students who are physically one and two years behind where Freshman were when even I started school in 2000, and even back then they were starting to cry. All it means is this younger generation now gets to pay for another 2 years of College, or take the easy way out and elect to go into a social science or humanity that does not require a cumulative course of study. This only means more teachers, writers, artists, graphic designers, and other degrees that wind up collecting little more than dust. At the same time, the baby boomers have successfully knocked their kids up on school debt by spoon feeding them the "The University degree is the Golden Key to success!" mantra.

I feel the attitude has spread like wildfire up and down the ranks. The boomers got to live through a nasty era of divorces with high collateral damage, and their attitude towards marriage has slipped into their grandkids - many kids are saying it now, "I'm never getting married." Tiger Wood's own dad said "never get married," but he did, and it cost him hundreds of millions.

I think I'm ready for the android personal assistant...

Archived