MattW

Well, yeah, but I know myself well enough to know what I will and won't do. The only reason I've been "putting off" finishing any of these books is because I tend to not absorb things from books too well. Even through school and college, I hated having to read chapters from a text book, because none of it would ever really sink in and stick with me when it came time for testing or whatever. So, yeah, I just feel like the same would happen with these books; I'd force myself to read through them, but I wouldn't actually "absorb" any of it and implement it into my life. Does that make sense?

That does make sense about the books, since different people do absorb information better from different mediums. You could try watching videos instead, if you're more auditory.

I see some progress, here though.. the fact that you've identified that at least part of you doesn't want to change, and that stubbornness is one of the things that's holding you back.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see some progress, here though.. the fact that you've identified that at least part of you doesn't want to change, and that stubbornness is one of the things that's holding you back.

Eh. I guess, but I still don't feel like I'm any closer to "getting better".

Archived