I'm confused. We broke up, why is he telling me he still loves me?

SooSad33

We've been split up now for about 6 weeks. He's got someone new in his life though.

Occasional communication. NC lasting longest about 2 wks.

After our 2 week NC time, i caved in and sent him a text last weekend.

Monday he suddenly seemed really into me and admitted thru text he 'misses me too' and wanted to call me.

I sent him an email saying I admit I need to move on now like he has and I'll let him go.

He called me. last night- but i didn't get the call.

he sent me text this morning saying he'd called me. I replied and asked why? He said he wanted to talk and thinks we can still talk/text.

So he called again and we spoke- then i broke down. During our 10 min talk, he offered to still come help me out around the house and before he said bye, said he still loves me.

So... he's admitted he misses me as well and still loves me? Is he in a 'rebound relation'? Moved onto sumone new but still into me?

Or, am i just maybe reading too far into this right now? Where he is just missing me?

Anyone else out there been thru this??

Where you've called or been called by your ex, even if one of you is involved again and admitted your feelings to each other?

Did it do you any good.. did you reconcile?

What I don't get is... WHY did he tell me these things this week? Is it just because he felt a 'need' to tell me his feelings?

Or was there a 'reason' he admitted this to me?

If anyone else out there has had this go on between them n their ex, would help me out to learn of your experience/outcome.

Because you reached out to him. And love doesn't just die. But he doesn't want to be together. He misses you, he still has feelings for you --- but not enough to be with you.

You reached out, and then tell him you have to move on, like he has. Very mixed signals coming from you.

He can be attached to you in all kinds of way... have fond memories of you. Love you like a sister, feels guilty about dumping you, etc.

But the bottom line is he is with someone else, and there's not much in this but heartbreak for you if you try to make him your friend. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously unless he dumps his GF and says he wants to come back to you again.

It is possible he'll come back, but also that he won't. and worst of all some dumpers do that and want some FWB sex on the side with you while they're still with their new GF or other women.

Ask him right out. Guessing what's in his mind won't work. Ask him why he's contacting you. Ask him does he want to try again, just be prepared for a rejection. You can guess all you want and look for signs in his every contact/motion. But you won't know for sure unless you ask him. I don't think he wants to reconcile though. If he did he wouldn't have moved on so quickly to another girl. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

its hard to let go of someone right away, he obviously cant stop his feelings in such a short period of time esp since you guys have been in contact here and there in that period. Feelings cant be switched off (wish they could though that would be awesome).

I also know how difficult it is to let go of someone you love and caving in happens to a lot of people. its normal so dont be hard on yourself nor should anyone else. Be strong and let him go like he has. Let him realize exactly how much you meant to him and how much he loves you on his own

As long as he's with someone else how he feels or what he says or does doesn't matter. And offering to come to your house is definitely not him being faithful to the new girlfriend or you for that matter. I would take that as a warning sign that he's toying with the idea of getting to have sex with two women and I would cut that one off at the knees before it even starts or you are going to be very, very hurt when he sleeps with you but still won't leave her. Tell him that if he misses and still loves you that it's either you or her. He can pick one or the other, but he can't have both. Then tell him you're going NC and don't want to hear from him again unles he's serious about getting back together and has left her--not that she dumped him and he's now crawling back for seconds. Sorry, but unless you draw very clear boundaries and show him you demand respect and honestly from him or he's out for good I think he's going to play push-me/pull-me on your emotions all the time. Stand up for yourself, let him know you want all or nothing and won't be a backburner girl now and save yourself alot of future grief and heartbreak.

Archived