Fashion Tips?

Dougie_D

I don't want someone to tell me to lose weight and that's it. I know I need to lose a couple of lbs. I'm starting to believe that maybe what I've been wearing doesn't really match my body, skin tone, facial structure, etc...

Does anyone have any tips on how someone figures out what looks the best? I think I need a professional style person. Any tips on where to look?

straight cut Cuban shirts would fit your torso. They have a bit of structure about the shoulders and drape well.

Stay away from shirts that are sinched in the waist--they'll emphasize your belly.

short, wide spread collars would work well on you since you have a short neck.

go to the men's department in your local department store and ask to see if anyone does styling/ also ask your barber.

Or google "stylist" with your zip code.

I think you should go to a men's clothing store, even a place that sells suits, and ask what shirts and even pants would look good on you. The guys there are fantastic and I'm sure they'll have many ideas. Plus, they are men.

I think the best clothing advice for men is from other men who know what they are doing.

straight cut Cuban shirts would fit your torso. They have a bit of structure about the shoulders and drape well.

Stay away from shirts that are sinched in the waist--they'll emphasize your belly.

short, wide spread collars would work well on you since you have a short neck.

go to the men's department in your local department store and ask to see if anyone does styling/ also ask your barber.

Or google "stylist" with your zip code.

Thx for the advice! You seem to have lots of knowledge about fashion tips! Also, do colors really matter? Someone had mentioned that Army color green and baby light blue would look the best on me. I've always worn darker colors like black or grey. Any colors to stay AWAY from?

Thx for the advice! You seem to have lots of knowledge about fashion tips! Also, do colors really matter? Someone had mentioned that Army color green and baby light blue would look the best on me. I've always worn darker colors like black or grey. Any colors to stay AWAY from?

it totally depends upon the undertones in your skin--whether you've got pinks/reds or yellow/olive tones.

On that, you may need to just go to the store and hold different colored shirts up to your face to see which colors will work best on you.

Take a trusted hip gal pal shopping with you. And remember fashionable or not you should feel comfortable and enjoy what you wear. I wear a lot of white and black t-shirts. My posse are always telling me how out of fashion that is. I hear blah, blah, blah. Mind you I don't wear them on dates or when prowling.

Archived