The Song That Gets Me All The Time (Makes Me Want To Cry For My Ex)

Wanted by Hunter Hayes.. During one of the times me and my xgf hung out trying to reconcile, she asked me to play this song for her because I told her it made me think of her. She started crying during listening to it and every time I have heard it since i'm back in my car, hugging her. Needless to say I cringe when I hear it now..

This thread reminds me of the movie "Silver Linings Playbook"... I strongly recommend you watch it and see how the main protagonist deals with his reactions to a song that makes him lose it (it's the song that was playing when he walked in on his wife cheating on him). It really is an amazing film! An unusual combination of both sad, and funny.

This thread reminds me of the movie "Silver Linings Playbook"... I strongly recommend you watch it and see how the main protagonist deals with his reactions to a song that makes him lose it (it's the song that was playing when he walked in on his wife cheating on him). It really is an amazing film! An unusual combination of both sad, and funny.

My friend just told me to watch this movie last night, told me it reminded him of what I'm going through right now.

Devil Woman by Phunk Junkees

F#$K you, Lucy by Atmosphere

Both sum up my feelings on the matter..

Seriously, sitting around listening to sad songs and pining for your ex is like some sick Pavlovian experiment. You're just that dog, eating it's own vomit.

I understand being sad (god knows I was for too long) and you should have a brief perior where you allow yourself to be so but after a certain point, it's not healthy. Start focusing on happy stuff, ignore the negativity as much as you can and things will slowly get better.

A big one for me years ago when we had our first big breakup was muse - invincible .. it meant something to the both of us. she randomly text me out of the blue one day with some of the lyrics and i text her back haha

a more recent one would be muse - exogenesis: symphony part 3: redemption

strongly suggest that one, its beutiful and makes me tear up every time!

Daylight by Maroon 5. My ex broke up with me, then came back an hour later and said he didn't know if he made a mistake. He slept in my bed, and I just held him and cried all night while he was asleep. In the morning, he left me again. A week later I heard that song on the radio for the first time, and broke down crying because it described exactly how I felt that night.

Here I am waiting, I'll have to leave soon

Why am I, holding on?

We knew this day would come, we knew it all along

How did it, come so fast?

This is our last night but it's late

And I'm trying not to sleep

Cause I know, when I wake, I will have to slip away

And when the daylight comes I'll have to go

But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close

Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own

But tonight I need to hold you so close

Oh-woah, oh-woah, oh-woah

Here I am staring at your perfection

In my arms, so beautiful

The sky is getting back the stars are burning out

Somebody slow it down

This is way too hard, cause I know

When the sun comes up, I will leave

This is my last glance that will soon be memory

I never wanted to stop because I don't wanna start all over, start all over

I was afraid of the dark but now it's all that I want, all that I want, all that I want

Oh-woah (yeah), oh-woah (yeah), oh-woah (yeah)

Oh-woah (yeah), oh-woah (yeah), oh-woah!

Archived