I will try to make this very simple;

There is a girl I really like, known her for about 5months on and off.

we've already slept together/next day she goes all cold and avoids me

Didn't see her for awhile then, we met up again and kissed ect

she has kept saying sorry for messing me around but, she's in a very unhappy relationship and wants out

Went out for a drink together, clearly she's attracted towards me by the way she looks. All of her friends keep telling me to go for it but, I'm a little scared.

Might be seeing her later and i don't know how to go about things, i don't want it to be just sex I actually like her but respect the fact she has a partner.

This is the first girl I've liked since splitting up with my ex of 5 years last year. Any advice would be good, not good at this dating thing anymore

Well, I would just persue a friendship (platonic) with her until she decided what to do about the current boyfriend. If not, you are just putting yourself in line for more heartache. Anyway, say you did hit it off, and you start dating, I would have to wonder, if she did this to her current boyfriend, if she could do the same to you?. If she was so unhappy, get out of it, and then get a new one. Having a intimate friend, and a boyfriend just won't work that well.....

I actually like her but respect the fact she has a partner.

Sorry, but if you respected the fact she has a partner, you wouldn't be pursuing her and you *certainly* wouldn't be having sex with her!

She can't be as wonderful as you seem to believe, because she's a cheater, plain and simple. Keep that in mind if and when the relationship evolves to a point where you believe you are her one and only.