Just read it before you do anything to yourself.

I tried suicide many times and i felt at that time it was the best thing for me also but man listen if you think things are bad now and will never get better and then you decide to take your life how will you know if things could have gotten better man i had planned to kill myself and i was going to do it but the day before an awesome girl came into my life we are in love and planning on getting married in a years time (people do that thing really early where i live) and if you take your life today how will you know what tomorrow could have brought you i lived through testicular cancer that gave me a 30% chance of living and then with no help no chemo nothin but sadness all of its gone nothin is there no cancer no nothin man i can relate to what you are sayin and im not saying that you really dont have anyone thats cares about you some very sad cases really dont have anyone but i thought i didnt but i did i had some people who i thought would never have came back to my side and after i snapped back to the real world i realized those people were with me the whole time

...Just next time you think that you need to end your life think about this...nobody knows what tomorrow will bring it could bring great things or terrible things but as long as there is a chance that keeps me goin and it can keep you goin...

I've never tried to commit suicide. I'm not saying I never will... If I do I plan to wait until I'm around 20-25.

BUT you made a very good point, you actually got through to me. I mean, if I didn't care about the affect suicide would have on my family I would probably be gone. Just, the examples in your post were very good ones and they make a good point.

thanks so much for posting.

Empty

this remind me of someone I went to school with.... this boy's mother killed herself, and he felt guilty and thought it was his fault. The boy killed himself 6 years later at the age of 17 . Earlier this year his younger sister tried killing herself at the age of 16, but lived. She is paralyzed now and has to stay in the hospital on life support.....

• 4 weeks later...

A few weeks ago, I was about 10 minutes away from committing suicide. I had gotten pills from downstairs adn a bottle of wine. I had written a note to everyone saying that I was sorry, and I had taken about 5 of the pills when my cell phone rang. I answered and lied to my friend and said that I was sleeping. Something clicked inside of me and I knew it wasn't the right thing to do. I wanted to see my niece and nephew grow up and I wanted to live my life. I threw up the pills and went to bed crying over what I had almost done. A little under a week afterwards, my brother found the note. He took it to my mom and she told me he was crying when he handed it to her. He's 23 and I have never seen him cry. My mom started screaming at me for who I was trying to hurt, because getting me pissed off is the only way to get through to me. I finally broke down and told her the truth. I ran upstairs and apologized to my brother. He told me things I never expected to come out of his mouth. He told me he loved me and that he never wanted to see me hurting like that again. He said that if he is at work, call him there, or if he is home, knock on his door, and he will be there to talk to me. I learned so much from that, even though in the end, I wish I had never tried.

no, it doesnt make it ok. hurting others makes it worse, but thats not the worst thing about suicide. suicide is bad because you're selling yourself short and missing out on life. you don't live for anyone else but you, you deserve to be happy. you deserve to live. life gets hard, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. you have to want help and believe in yourself. we all here believe in you and are here for you. don't sell yourself short

• 1 year later...

Great post my dad killed himself he hanged himself and my brother found him and had to cut him down, i dont know how he has delt with it all but i do know how i have felt, iv also tried to kill myself because i couldnt handle life with out him

There will always be someone you hurt, even if you don't know them, even if they don't really know you.

A boy at my old school killed himself in 8th grade. THE ENTIRE SCHOOL came to his funeral, only ten or so people there really knew him. I didn't know him too well, but we'd worked together on things before, he'd taken my side in a fight once.

I missed him. I still do. And I didn't even really know him.

people say that when u commit suicide you help yourself but hurt those aroud you. what if no one around you gives a crap about what you do or where you are or what your doing. does itm ake suicide better than it was if you actually had someone who cared about you.

Nope, because no matter what a person believes, there is always, ALWAYS someone out there who will be affected and who will care. So many people say "no one will care what happens to me. I am useless," because it seems like that, but really, there will always be at least one person who cares. And that person will suffer.

Two of my friends killed themselves. The first did it two years ago, the other did it two years later on the SAME DAY the first one did it. She never did get over the first one's death. In their suicide notes, they both wrote that they were doing everyone a favor by disposing of themselves. They felt they were a burden to people. They felt no one cared. They felt that no one would be hurt or notice. Guess what? Some of my friends went into depression. My college's counseling center was booked overtime for months. We erected a freakin' tree for them, and my friends still break into tears when they walk by. I have friends who used to be so confident and happy, and now they feel that there is no meaning in the world and they can't understand human nature at all. They can't understand why my two dead friends felt that no one loved them. They BLAME themselves for not showing how much they cared. They feel guilty, disgusted, shamed.

Before you kill yourself, you think that no one cares. After you're dead, you can't see how much people actually do care, and the spiral of pain that occurs afterwards.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
then what do YOU think the answer is for me?

You're 16 years old. Suicide is definitely not the answer. This day and age is the toughest on kids, I think, but there are also many many many resources available to us that were not there before.

There is help. You just need to ask for it.

I had thought about suicide once. I was making plans, for several months. People say things aren't foolproof, only because they never insured that they were foolproof. I knew how to kill myself, without pain, without misery.

One thing stopped me.

I fell in love.

I had always avoided relationships with girls before, but she got through to me - finally. She had tried for years, I'm glad that she finally got through. I let her through in a way, I opened up a path that she could walk - she diligently followed that path and came through to me. Maybe I was looking for a way out, maybe, I was hoping that there might be something worth living for after all. If so, then I was right. I've enjoyed the best 14 and a half months with her I have ever lived.

I hurt her. I'll never be able to forgive myself. I wish I could take the hurt back, I wish I could change time. But I can't. No matter how good of a foolproof plan I make, I can't take anything back. Now, I hurt. I hurt more than I have ever hurt. Some days I wish I would just go back to my old plans, and end everything. I can't do that. Not now at least. That would break her to pieces. I can't bear to hurt her again.

I hope my relationship will continue to survive. It has helped me to survive, I will do everything I can for it.

Some of you seem rather insightful on relationships. I will be PMing some of you asking for advise. I hope you'll reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Suicide is not the answer.

Have you ever felt so hopeless that you tried to kill yourself? In my experience, it's only people that haven't felt that complete and utter hopelessness, sadness and emptiness that say this. Because, sometimes it IS the answer.

Ask the 25-year-old who tried to electricute himself. He lived. But both his arms are gone.

What about jumping? Ask John. He used to be intelligent, with an engaging sense of humor. That was before he leapt from a building. Now, he's brain-damaged and will always need care. He staggers and has seizures. He lives in a fog. But, worst of all, he KNOWS he used to be normal.

What about pills? Ask the 12-year-old with extensive liver damage from an overdose. Have you ever seen anyone die of liver damage? You turn yellow. It's a hard way to go.

What about a gun? Ask the 24-year-old who shot himself in the head. Now he drags one leg, has a useless arm and has no vision or hearing on one side. He lived through his "foolproof" suicide. You might too.

You know what......some people reach the stage where they just don't give a feck. They don't care. I don't care about any of this stuff. Because I don't care about life anymore. I read this with no emotion whatsoever. It doesn't make me think twice. It doesn't give me food for thought. It doesn't give me anything. It just makes me think I need to plan it better than they did.

But... Who will clean your blood off the carpet or scrape your brains from the ceiling? Commercial cleaning companies may refuse that job--but SOMEONE has to do it.

Who will have to cut you down from where you hung yourself or identify your bloated body after you've drowned? Your father? Your mother? Your wife? Your son?

You can't guilt someone out of taking their own life.

The carefully worded "loving" suicide note is of no help. Those who loved you will NEVER completely recover. They'll feel regret and an unending pain.

What about those that will NEVER recover from what's been done to them? What are they supposed to do?

You DO have other choices. There are people who can help you through this crisis. Call a hotline. Call a friend. Call your minister or priest. Call a doctor or hospital. Call the police. They will tell you that there's hope. Maybe you'll find it in the mail tomorrow. Or in a phone call this weekend. But what you're seeking could be just a minute, a month, or a day away.

"This crisis" ..What if your whole life is a crisis? Sometimes there isn't any hope and when that hope is gone you're left with what? Feck all thats what. There aren't always choices. What if all you want is peace? What if all you want is an end? What if you don't want to be afraid anymore? What if you just hurt every second of every day?

Remember: Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I HATE that phrase. Some problems are forever.

• 3 months later...

That is nicely written. I had a very good friend commit suicide over three years ago. I was only sixteen at the time and it was the hardest experience of my life. I hope that everyone who read it really took it to heart, because losing my friend to a gun in his own hand was the worst thing I've ever gone through and no one should have to deal with that kind of pain.