Officially throwing in the towel on dating after finding out the real reason..

radiohead20

Except he's 1/2 Asian and average height for a male, plus his build is much heavier than most Asians or most people in general who are 5'10". On top of that no where does he mention that he is involved in or is a reflection of Asian culture where he lives.

To counter your anecdotal evidence with my anecdotal evidence, the gym I go to has a few very fit young-looking Asian guys, most of whom have g/f's who are good looking (also workout there).

@radiohead20: I would try to ask an ex. It may be your mannerisms, even with a great personality that doesn't mean it's a manly personality. Know what I'm saying?

I agree that posting a pic would help out here, the ladies can comment. Not like you will be thrashed, you already tore yourself down enough.

Are the asian guys that are fit decent looking? Most asian males, although generally less masculine looking, stilll look masculine ENOUGH where it isn't a problem. I don't, and THAT is the problem. Yes I have to, seen asian males that get very attractive women. These guys are typically good looking asians. makes sense. Im typing this from work, so I dont have access to pics now but will try to get one.

Are you insane?

Eurasian (mixed people) are the hottest people on the planet. There is no way you are unattractive, I refuse to believe it. I know a gazillion Eurasians (being one myself) and I can't name a single con for being one.... best of both worlds in my opinion...

Perhaps its your mannerisms?

Either way I really want to see a photo now haha.

I am not sure what's wrong. Saying a specific group is the most ugly or a specific group is the most beautiful. It all smacks of preconceived notions.

I am half Japanese half German... I cannot grow facial hair and have very "soft" features. Facially, I look like I am about 19-20, I am 26. honestly the only way I can explain it is that facially I look like I'm stuck in my prepubescent years. I weigh 173 at five foot 10 with 12% body fat. A few females have commented that the that i have a decent body actually makes things look "off", since It looks unnatural since I have a very very boyish face on an athletic body. I have a poor jaw line and cannot grow facial hair period.

I'm a gay guy and I'll be the first to admit that I almost universally have zero attraction to people of Asian descent for the reasons you stated. Their appearance is often very "soft". It just doesn't have a masculine vibe to me.

Having said that, I do have female friends who go absolutely bonkers for Asian men. So while it's possible that the friends you polled have aesthetic tastes similar to mine, I wouldn't take that as an indication of anything. Millions upon millions of Asian guys get married, have kids, etc. I would try to focus on that vs. getting depressed that you know a few women who aren't attracted to you.

I am not sure what's wrong. Saying a specific group is the most ugly or a specific group is the most beautiful. It all smacks of preconceived notions.

It was a hyperbole for sure, I don't mean for anyone take it literally.

You have to be proud of what you are, and there are a quite few mixed-race people who struggle with identity and coming to terms with what they look like. It's not as easy as saying "I look a bit asian and a bit white". Many eurasian's tend to think "I look MOSTLY white/asian" then beat themselves up when they do not look like their white (or asian) friends.

ie; I have a really soft, small asian nose and I was convinced for ages that white guys found me less attractive because I looked 'mostly white' but was missing that stereotypical pointy/slender caucasian nose. It's not just normal 'self perception' or confidence, it's an internal conflict to come to terms with having a mixed identity and not quite fitting into any 'group'.

Maybe this is not what OP is experiencing... but my whole comment about Eurasians being 'the hottest' was just to stamp out any ideas that having soft-asian-features is negative.

You have to be proud of what you are, and there are a quite few mixed-race people who struggle with identity and coming to terms with what they look like. It's not as easy as saying "I look a bit asian and a bit white". Many eurasian's tend to think "I look MOSTLY white/asian" then beat themselves up when they do not look like their white (or asian) friends.

Well that's where the frustration comes in. I am proud of who I am. I have gotten very far in life, don't take a excuses as an answer, and am confident in my abilities. sure I have moments were I am down but doesn't everyone. That's why this particular area is SOOO frustrating for me. I feel like if this ONE thing was different, it would change EVERYTHING in this area. and I'm not the one to blame external factors! so blaming an external factor in this situation means I have truly exhausted out a lot of other factors.

Thanks, and yes Eurasian women are typically EXTREMELY pretty. Eurasian men can also be attractive, although it is a bit hit or miss.

Jackie chan? Attractive? Haha diff strokes for diff folks I see.

I'm mixed and I'm not ugly, there's a mixed Korean celeb I find really attractive- Dennis Oh.

He's really good looking -_- I'd date him fosho.

For sure I find him attractive - maybe it isn't just looks - I think he is VERY funny - but yes, very physically attractive.

Archived