When did you stop having birthday parties as a kid?

Seraphim

Oh that is true. He does not even want to admit I am his mom anymore...........LOL

Yep! I remember when I was like in the 12-13 range, my mom had this awful outfit that she used to bum around in...Aqua sweatpants that were cut off at the knees, and this grey zip up sweatshirt that gave anyone who wore it a stuffed sausage look. I would either walk 15 feet in front of her, or behind her, and if she spoke to me in a store, I pretended I didn't hear..lol.

Yep! I remember when I was like in the 12-13 range, my mom had this awful outfit that she used to bum around in...Aqua sweatpants that were cut off at the knees, and this grey zip up sweatshirt that gave anyone who wore it a stuffed sausage look. I would either walk 15 feet in front of her, or behind her, and if she spoke to me in a store, I pretended I didn't hear..lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I would have too!! OMG!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I would have too!! OMG!!

Oh man, my mom was a character. The best was when something agitated her, like someone cut in front of her in a line, or stepped on her toes or something...She would hike up her pants like Barney Fife(Andy Griffith Show), you know, where you angrily hike them up really fast to your boobs, practically.. and start doing this swagger thing as she got prepared to confront. I used to just melt in a muddle of embarrassment. Moms!

I think the last year I had a party like that was 12. Around 15 or so, SOME people start having parties with alcohol and no parents, so if your party has parents and no booze, you'd run the risk of looking like a dork - that might be what your son is worried about, even if he doesn't drink.

Oh no he does not drink or smoke or even swear..........lol.............so he would be considered a "dork" anyway. He is a very very very straight laced kid and he would not at this point even have friends who drink. ( He is on the autistic spectrum) Most of his friends are younger kids or physically disabled kids.

Oh man, my mom was a character. The best was when something agitated her, like someone cut in front of her in a line, or stepped on her toes or something...She would hike up her pants like Barney Fife(Andy Griffith Show), you know, where you angrily hike them up really fast to your boobs, practically.. and start doing this swagger thing as she got prepared to confront. I used to just melt in a muddle of embarrassment. Moms!

She sounds like a wild card like me..........LOL. All my son says is " don't make my mom mad or look out..........." He makes me sound evil.........lol

Oh no he does not drink or smoke or even swear..........lol.............so he would be considered a "dork" anyway. He is a very very very straight laced kid and he would not at this point even have friends who drink. ( He is on the autistic spectrum) Most of his friends are younger kids or physically disabled kids.

By that definition, I was mostly a "dork" too in my early teens, but that didn't stop me from being worried about looking dorky, lol. I think actually for my last birthday 'party' time thing, it was transitioned from having friends come over, to going to an outing with a few. For my 13th I think we went to Six Flags. We started doing stuff like that after that age...Six Flags, miniature golf, arcades, things like that.

I'm 26 and I've always had some form of party for my birthdays. The thing is by 15, I still wanted parties, but with no parental supervision. On my 15th birthday I convinced my parents to let me have my first unsupervised party. To tell you the truth, we didn't do anything foolish but we did drink some alcohol and smoke a bit of weed. It was in small amounts, but it was mostly girls at the party. I was allowed to have 4 friends over, but I managed to pack the apartment with about 15 people. A group of teenage boys? Hmmmm I don't know! It might get out of hand, or it might not.

I'm 26 and I've always had some form of party for my birthdays. The thing is by 15, I still wanted parties, but with no parental supervision. On my 15th birthday I convinced my parents to let me have my first unsupervised party. To tell you the truth, we didn't do anything foolish but we did drink some alcohol and smoke a bit of weed. It was in small amounts, but it was mostly girls at the party. I was allowed to have 4 friends over, but I managed to pack the apartment with about 15 people. A group of teenage boys? Hmmmm I don't know! It might get out of hand, or it might not.

He is not at that level yet. He is still too immature. ( he is on the autistic spectrum but very high functioning). He is very very straight laced and feels drinking, smoking, drugs are totally out for him and he wants ZERO to do with it.

By that definition, I was mostly a "dork" too in my early teens, but that didn't stop me from being worried about looking dorky, lol. I think actually for my last birthday 'party' time thing, it was transitioned from having friends come over, to going to an outing with a few. For my 13th I think we went to Six Flags. We started doing stuff like that after that age...Six Flags, miniature golf, arcades, things like that.

Yeah. I know my last official birthday party was my sweet 16. My mom bought champagne and everything. She called everyone's parents and asked if it was alright if they had a glass of wine.

Yeah, I think he just wants to avoid fuss, he is pretty low key in some ways.

Well then that's probably just his personality and nothing really wrong with that at all. I've never really enjoyed having a big deal being made over my birthday. Infact, the last birthday I had I saw as more of an opportunity to see friends than anything else. I didn't want my friends to do anything other than hang out and catch up for a few hours.

Archived