Met him after 6 years of online communication, heart in pieces

Aarya

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just deleted his phone number from my phone. Huge step for me. Last and final step (if I ever feel strong enough to do that) would be to delete his emails - although his personal email will always be engraved in my memory as its so easy and just his last name... So there will be no deleting that.

Big hugs. I was wondering what was new with you. Good step on deleting that stuff. Hang in there I hope you are feeling better and are getting better.

I am not feeling any better honestly. I really wish I would/could. The bigger problem that I have not mentioned is I am half doing this with hopes to heal, but half with the hope that when he realizes I am not giving in this time he will give in and contact me. Which cannot be healthy, but I cannot help feeling/thinking it.

It feels like it will never get better. It's been months and it has not healed at all. Nothing's changed.

it's been my experience that they don't come back until you've forgotten all about them. then they come back. and you pick up the phone and say, "who is this?"

honestly, i think you need to find it in yourself to let it go. if he realizes that he's made the biggest mistake of his life, he can woo you back with flowers and gifts and declarations of love. but now, i think you know where he stands so it's best to accept it's not to be with you two and move forward.

I guess you must feel really sorry for me (I feel really sorry for me, so it's ok).

it's been my experience that they don't come back until you've forgotten all about them. then they come back. and you pick up the phone and say, "who is this?"

honestly, i think you need to find it in yourself to let it go. if he realizes that he's made the biggest mistake of his life, he can woo you back with flowers and gifts and declarations of love. but now, i think you know where he stands so it's best to accept it's not to be with you two and move forward.

Nah, I wouldn't say I feel sorry for you. I mean, the situation sucks, but you just kind of have to accept it and move on. In some ways, it reminds me of Carrie Fisher's character in "When Harry Met Sally." Did you watch that movie? it's one of my favorites. Carrie keeps talking throughout the movie about her married boyfriend and says "after we made love, I went through his briefcase while he was in the shower. I found a receipt - He just bought a dining room table with his wife. I don't think he's going to leave his wife." And then Sally says, "NO ONE thinks he's going to leave his wife." It's kind of like that - I think it's just he's set in where he is (he has a good job in Athens- not many people can say that these days!!) He's going to stay with what he has instead of rolling the dice with something new. I think that's pretty obvious. At least, from an outsider's point of view. If he changes his mind, he knows how to find you. My opinion....

(And of course, Carrie's character meets Bruno - whatever his name was - Harry's friend - and they get married!)

Archived