What's she doing now...

ThomasP

In my previous thread, I mentioned that I told a friend of mine that I like her. She said she felt the same way but lost interest because it took me too long to tell her and due to problems in her life, she didn't want to date (complete bs on the second part IMO). She said she wanted to remain friends but wants to "leave the door open, and if it happens, it happens" (us getting together, as more than friends).

She became very distant and communication was at a minimum for a few weeks. She started contacting me again when she needed something from me so I just answered her questions.

She started texting "goodnight" again and began starting small conversations, but she never texts back after I answer her (She'll ask what Im up to, I'll tell her, and she wont text back the entire day); she hates phone calls, so we just text.

She still needs something from me and although she has been avoiding me for a month, she finally wants to "meet up sometime before you leave" (I'm going to visit my family in Italy in a month).

I'm not the type of person who can be used/I try not to be, so I don't intend on giving her what she wants (just some old paperwork that will "make my life a lot easier").

Question is, why is she still staying in contact, instead of just cutting off communication and calling/texting when she needs me?

I've dated/been around many girls, and none of them act like this. They'll either just ask me for what they want and cut off communication, or they'll cut off communication completely.

I'm trying to get over her, but she's making it rather difficult (if things don't work out, I'm usually over someone in a week).

I'm not bothered by any of this, rather, I'm curious.

I would say games as well but I don't know, no way of knowing unless you want to have a sit down and hash it out. Unless you are a mind reader and or love clue games, wait for the one that makes it perfectly clear what she wants and what suit you will wear at the nuptials. Good luck.

Thanks guys. That's what everyone is telling me, but I'm just not too certain.

She did text me yesterday morning, I sent back a simple, to the point answer, and haven't heard from her since.

I believe she mentioned her phone not sending some texts...kind of felt like telling her to stop bs'ing, and to stop playing those college dating games, but I just let it slide.

Should I try to spark a conversation, or just wait till she texts me? In all honesty, I feel like I'm the one losing interest now.

Thanks again guys. Agreed F63, bugs the heck out of me when I enter the game stage...which is why I just let things die off when it happens.

Sportster2005, that's what I'm thinking. She hasn't called/texted in a few days, which is both a good thing, and a bad thing.

Any more input? I'm sure she's just playing games and using me as her "no one else to text, so I'll text him" person. Either way, I'd really appreciate more input. Hoping to hear from some of the ladies here.

Thanks Mhowe, short but very true advice.

Thank you too Lansing. I've always been one of those guys that just lets things happen...but in all honesty, meeting someone new is what I need now. Losing sleep over her just isn't worth it anymore.

Archived