A few days ago, my friend (who i posted about before and have feelings for) confided in me said she might pregnant. She's 17. Here's the story - she's over 2 months late, which is around the time she had sex with her boyfriend. Apparently the condom fell off. She hasn't taken a pregnancy test yet, but i'm going to help her and make her take it very soon.

I've heard that stress and nerves can delay a womans period. So, could worrying about being pregnant cause her to miss it? Or does it sound like she's pregnant for sure? I know we won't know until she takes the test, but i was just curious. I can try to give more info if needed. I'm sure i'll be posting about this situation again very soon. Thanks.

Actually... 2 months isn't that long is it?

I'm abnormal, I know, but my periods skips from 1 mo to 4 mo. After the last time BF and I had sex, it took another 2 months for my period to come, and totally freaked him out.

Maybe you can factor in if her period's "normal" to begin with.

>_

I think she said her period is always on time. She even knows the exact days and its never been late. 2 months does seem too long to be stress-related.

Is it okay to just take a home pregnancy test? She's going to take one but maybe a doctor would be better, i dont' know. Thanks everyone.

I think pregnancy or not it would probably be a good idea to see a doctor anyway.

If the stress in her life is severe enough she could continue to miss her periods for six months or more. But there are also other biological/hormonal issues that can cause a woman to miss her period which only a doctor can determine and treat. Plus, just by virtue of the fact that she's having sex she should see a doctor to be sure she's healthy and be able to take more precautions.

Good luck!