My Girlfriend Wants to get Breast Implants

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just remember EQ the outcome may not be instant - it could comes years down the road (as always in my experience of knowing women who got implants for the wrong reasons). Just be prepared for that.

Well unfortunately risks come with marriage. She is taking risks with me too. We always talk stuff out, never fight. I mean we do have disagreements, get frustrated with each other, normal. But she doesn't throw tantrums, etc. I know very well that if she turns into a plastic surgery maniac, I won't put up with it. It just ain't her, I don't picture that happening to her at all. I am really not concerned any more. Health risks are to be taken into account, but besides that... I have come to terms with it.

I have ZERO fear that she will leave me past operation lol... this is not my worry at ALL...

It is still her choice to make. If I don't like the outcome, I will walk. But I don't think that that will be the case.

You may not have a choice in this matter, though, if the effects are more profoundly mental than physical.

I know a guy here who bought his wife a boob job. She let him LOOK at them Just Once post op, divorced him and went off to become a stripper. No loss, though, she was using the car he bought her to run drugs.

The point is, you had better hope she'll want to keep you around to see the outcome in the first place.

Not saying she is wrong in her assertion and I would actually agree, but rather I have been lambasted in the past stating that women can not offer the same level of advice to a male about dating a female. I just find it interesting that any perceived lack of experience with fake breasts does matter, but gender does not when it comes to advice.

Here's where it's extremely important to remember the distinction between Sex and Gender. Sex determines those things we'll never really have first hand knowledge on, things like periods, pregnancy, breasts - or versa, morning wood, testicle massages, each other's orgasm. Gender, on the other hand, is really in all reality socially constructed, things such as fashion [including shoe hoarding], social manners, child rearing, rowdiness,etc and so forth. as far as the esablishment is concerned, the "Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus" myth is just that; it's just a myth that "girls are girls and boys are boys." This is most revealed after studies showed that children are less likely to engage in activity their parents disapprove of them doing. Bottom line?

Dating questions hinge upon Gender. This implant question hinges upon Sex. You and I will never know what it's like to wake up at 16 and finally realize that this chest is just never going to happen. Granted, we may be in the boat that wakes up at 16 and finally realizes 2' is the longed our penis will ever be, erect. The difference between the two parts is not to be dismissed, though. Breasts are a defining feature of the female body. Erect Penises are a shunned feature of the male body - there's LAWS AGAINST IT!!! So no one will ever know you have a small penis except a small handfull. If a girl has a small rack, though, EVERYBODY knows. Hence, I could understand how this might be a bigger issue for females than it is for males.

Just how big an issue it is, though, well, that is where you really have to turn to women and ask them. Even then, you may have to listen between the lines, because what someone says they believe and what they actually believe are two entirely separate things - I could tell you I don't like maple syrup because it's too runny, when the truth is, I don't like maple syrup because I think the world should all be eating honey instead...or something along those lines, if you catch my drift. I personally do believe there may be a rift in the female population on the topic of implants, but that's another subject altogether...

What's interesting is that A LOT of women seemed to have regretting not going larger. There are more women happy with them than without them in my short amount of time looking into it. If she does get them, it doesn't guarantee she will be happy with them.

I have read this too - in one instance a woman basically put herself under hte knife because she tested positive for the breast cancer gene, so she pre-emptively got a masectomy and replaced them with implants. She had her's done the same time a friend of her's had the same procedure; she got hers size smaller than her old boobs, while her friend got a size larger. Her friend was very happy post op - as was her husband - and from the author's point of view, experienced a very easy recovery from the experience. The author, on the other hand, found herself depressed with hers, post-op. The title of the book escapes me, but it was a rather interesting read.

I personally do think a woman and her boobs are about as closely knit as a man and his member...

After you're married?

After taking eachother for better or worse? Sickness and health?

With your conservative/religious views of marriage as they are?

Just as long as it all fits together to you.

No, before marriage. After marriage I would stick around and try to resolve whatever issues may arise.

And talked to her again, for the last time about this. She says she wouldn't get more than one surgery done (off course, I realize it may be necessary to do more to fix whatever issues, plus to replace them every 5-10 years or so). That she can barely get herself the courage to do one, because she is also concerned about health risks.

So I am going to drop this thread, because it will just keep this issue in my mind, and will be a constant problem. I have decided I won't worry about this anymore, and won't bring it up either. If she brings it up and wants to talk, I will be open to it, but that's all.

Archived