Frustrated with my friend, should I just drop him?

im_the_undead

I've been friends with this guy from church for some years now. Currently he's the youth teacher for the high schoolers, which to me is bologna because I know the kid and I personally wouldn't want him as my teacher, but he's talkative, loud, spontaneous, and young so they all love him.

Anyway, since I've known him he's had this weird thing for me. Like, we'd go out and sometimes I'd be scared he wouldn't drive me back home. OR we'll go out dancing and I'll refuse to dance up on him to grinding songs...... or we'll dance to latin music and he'll get extremely close to me, like I can feel his balls. A couple of times he's gotten to close physically. He's raped my faced my kissing me which has pissed me off, in the past he's taken me to the park late and night and he thought it would be cute to push me down and roll around wth me on the ground...he's put his hand on my thigh.. ohh nooo, I go off on him every TIME. He says he's only interested in a friendship toward me that he respects me and my relationship because he knows my ex bf well. Well TODAY we were supposed to go to the movies with that little ghetto girl I was telling you people about, but the guy had been making a lot of annoying comments about me and my boyfriend, like he'd passively be rude to me (jokingly) about my little cholo boyfriend (this is all in a group message between him, myself, and other girls) and kept asking me if he was coming or not (which he denies but I have the comments), so I got upset and texted him this morning that I was getting annoyed and felt disrespected........ He sent me a whole thing about God and ya-dee ya-da, what ever, so I figured he understood and would lay off and we'd be on our marry way.

I texted him and told him I just wanted to have a good time that I invited him to the movies cus it'd been a while since we hung out and I was excited for a good laugh and no bullying...... then he called me and immediately started antagonizing me about my earlier discussion. He insisted that I was butthurt because of my bf or what ever, and I told him "it's not that, if you have a problem with him take it up with him idc, but you're picking on ME and it's annoying." So he laughed it off as usual (i find his laughter fake and hypocritical while everyone else praises him) and said I made all this up that he wasn't doing anything, and I told him the things he said, which he denied, so I offered proof.. then he laughingly preeched at me, talked about God or something, said "valentines day is for friends and loved ones so I'll be with my mom", denied going to the movies, and hung up on me. I texted him asking for clarification, if that meant we were friends or not............... and then said I didn't get why he'd said those things and all I wanted to do was talk to him about things that bore me and hoped he'd understand, but he's been ignoring me since.

I feel annoyed by his immaturity, but hurt because we've been friends for so long and I feel like he's being a big douche.

I KNOW he's jealous of my ex, Lord knows he won't ever admit to that, but he's literally saying rude things to me, which others find hilarious, and I can't find a way to tell him how I feel without getting told off by all the other people "protecting" him. (for example, that ghetto girl I told you all about earlier.) Anyway, movie date is off, I texted the ghetto girl out of curtsy, and she ignored me once again. Ha, what a great day

You have a boyfriend and this guy is doing all this stuff to you?

You need to end this friendship now. It is your responsibility. If a girl friend of your boyfriend was doing this to him, would you want him to continue a friendship with her?

Well it's my ex boyfriend, but I guess he doesn't know that and yeah it's sketchy..............

He's always insisting he treats me like he treats everyone else, though.. so it makes it hard to tell whether it's just his personality or what?

But I guess he'll be yet ANOTHER person I have to ignore and have problems with at church -_-

Sorry but lol @ I can feel his balls......TMI.

Anyway, this guy to me says manipulative.....big time manipulative.

e.g. saying the friends word but his actions definitely say otherwise.

Sounds like his ideal friendship would be FWB.

I am not certain why you would want to be friends still after the way he has been....

Sometimes it is better to distance yourself to the level of acquaintance with some people.

Sometimes even though there is an abundance of people around you, it can still be really hard to find good friends.

Sure sometimes it can be feel like a lonely planet but it's not always our fault.

Life just pans out that way for some of us and we just have to accept it and carry on knowing that most of the time, the best friend we have is ourselves.

he literally will not stop preaching at me/laughing me off.

i've never felt so insulted by a person i once sought for spiritual guidance.

i really want to stab him.

Yes you have every right to feel patronized.

He probably doesn't have much respect for you intellectually by the sound of things either as he seems to be talking to you in a way which is talking down to you.

The preaching is to make it appear that he is a 'good' Christian despite his balls rubbing and grinding wants on you as a 'friend' along with his other derogatory comments.

At least you are on to his master plan.

Since he is part of the Church you go to, the best thing you can do is just make him an acquaintance rather than involve him in friend like activities.

Yes you have every right to feel patronized.

He probably doesn't have much respect for you intellectually by the sound of things either as he seems to be talking to you in a way which is talking down to you.

The preaching is to make it appear that he is a 'good' Christian despite his balls rubbing and grinding wants on you as a 'friend' along with his other derogatory comments.

At least you are on to his master plan.

Since he is part of the Church you go to, the best thing you can do is just make him an acquaintance rather than involve him in friend like activities.

Agreed. No more friendship for him. I know my ex bf is a total douche, but he warned me against this kid. Damn my ex bf's eye for evil -_- I guess evil knows evil lol

I hope he feels as awkward when he sees me as I prob. will, though he's always extremely loud, always laughing... so dramatic

Agreed. No more friendship for him. I know my ex bf is a total douche, but he warned me against this kid. Damn my ex bf's eye for evil -_- I guess evil knows evil lol

I hope he feels as awkward when he sees me as I prob. will, though he's always extremely loud, always laughing... so dramatic

More like guys know guys I believe : /

It's whether the guy decides to act like the douche they see in other guys which is the issue.

As long as you exhibit your distancing towards him he will eventually look for someone else to patronize more.

The guy is purposefully putting up a facade to appear like what he is not and using clever social skills to keep it maintained.

More like guys know guys I believe : /

It's whether the guy decides to act like the douche they see in other guys which is the issue.

As long as you exhibit your distancing towards him he will eventually look for someone else to patronize more.

The guy is purposefully putting up a facade to appear like what he is not and using clever social skills to keep it maintained.

I have encountered few young people with very clever facades....... almost perfected. I wonder how they even got to be so good at being fake? It's a skill you can't acquire in an acting class, that's for sure.

Archived