Why Do Men Date Gold Diggers? Answers!

WhenWillILove

Oh yeah, at the age of 33, he never had a girlfriend in his life and the closest he got was a kiss on the cheek.

I've noticed that a lot of anecdotes that women tell end with something along those lines: "And he can't get anyone to sleep with him", "And he's still a loser", etc. Aside from the fact that it's classic shaming language, the implication is always clear: "He didn't have a Female-Approved Attitude, so I exerted my power by never responding back. And if you don't fix your own attitude, the same thing will happen to you!"

It's sort of amazing, frankly: not only do women withhold sex to get their way, but they relate stories about sex being withheld, and say things like "You'll never succeed with women", which is basically inventing hypothetical women and telling the man that they'll withhold sex. Try a new argument, please, ladies. Just to make things less repetitive.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've noticed that a lot of anecdotes that women tell end with something along those lines: "And he can't get anyone to sleep with him", "And he's still a loser", etc. Aside from the fact that it's classic shaming language, the implication is always clear: "He didn't have a Female-Approved Attitude, so I exerted my power by never responding back. And if you don't fix your own attitude, the same thing will happen to you!"

It's sort of amazing, frankly: not only do women withhold sex to get their way, but they relate stories about sex being withheld, and say things like "You'll never succeed with women", which is basically inventing hypothetical women and telling the man that they'll withhold sex. Try a new argument, please, ladies. Just to make things less repetitive.

Hahaha! I know, a great majority of women enjoy degrading the "perpetrator" to a life of awful, sex-less dates. Haha.

But what I wrote is the truth. The man told me so in his attempt to evoke my sympathy for him.

I've dealt with other men who I didn't get along with but moved on just fine!

I'm not surprised. It's sometimes hard to see for yourself how you're coming accross as negative about men and relationships especially when it's couched in the generalizations you're fond of. It would be good if you could see so you could then choose whether that mindset is working for you.

If only the whole "Women have everything to gain from divorcing a man, it's mostly women who initiate divorce, let's all sympathize with the men, and if only she wouldn't provoke him, he wouldn't abuse her" arguments were phrased differently.......Maybe then I would be less adamant about accentuating that men, too, have a brain, and should consider the women they're dating, and that no, it's not always the woman's fault for initiating divorce.

If only the whole "Women have everything to gain from divorcing a man, it's mostly women who initiate divorce, let's all sympathize with the men, and if only she wouldn't provoke him, he wouldn't abuse her" arguments were phrased differently.......Maybe then I would be less adamant about accentuating that men, too, have a brain, and should consider the women they're dating, and that no, it's not always the woman's fault for initiating divorce.

Sounds to me like you're building straw men arguments to reinforce your negative generalizations and stay in a negative comfort zone. Do you know why you choose to get in your own way of having a more positive outlook and a more positive mindset about men and relationships?

But what I wrote is the truth. The man told me so in his attempt to evoke my sympathy for him. I've dealt with other men who I didn't get along with but moved on just fine!

I have no doubt that it's the truth, I just find it interesting that so many arguments rotate around sex being withheld.

After hearing your story, I didn't think, "Wow, I'd better man up and treat women right!" I thought, "That poor guy is wasting his time with dating. Come over to the FWB side of the force!"

I have no doubt that it's the truth, I just find it interesting that so many arguments rotate around sex being withheld.

After hearing your story, I didn't think, "Wow, I'd better man up and treat women right!" I thought, "That poor guy is wasting his time with dating. Come over to the FWB side of the force!"

Nah....I really think deep down inside he wants a quality relationship but his troubled dating has made him bitter so much that he's blinded when potential good dates stand in front of him....If that made any sense.

Archived