After Sex

pumpkingirl

I have been seeing someone for a little while and the sex is great. We had an amazing session last night, and afterwards i said i enjoyed it etc, and so did he.

Today i have just been in a post sex elation daze just thinking about him and the things he does to me in bed.

I texted him saying "i loved that so much" referring to last night

The reply i got was "Glad"

Just one word

what does this mean??? He was underwhelmed by it?

any opinions appreciated

Umm, I think I'm missing something.

You're questioning a relationship over a one word text?

Maybe he was busy when he sent it?

Maybe he didn't feel like playing 20 questions?

I personally hate what I call the "post game wrap up"

You know how after a sports game the tv reporters interview the players while they are all tired and sweaty about how they think the game went? I feel that way when someone constantly asks me how sex was. It was good already!

Texts can be so vague and ambiguous. It's not the most reliable form of communication in terms of a blossoming relationship. You should ask him in person what the deal is between you two if you are really keen on knowing where you stand, if not then just continue with your sexual relations with him.

Being a man, I can honestly say that we don't say much. When did texts have to turn into novels? Btw, retrohoney, can you please stop bringing your negativity into every single thread you find? We get it, you hate the world and yourself, but please quit trying to make others doubt themselves and mull over their confusion any more than they need to. This is a forum for people to help one another, not to find negativity.

The follys of texting

What ever happened to answering your phone and actually talking to someone-? i really (as a personal choice) try to avoid the whole texting thing as much as possible, because as others have said, They can be very easily misinterprited. Humans comunicate in more ways then the actual word (tone of voice, disposition, body lnaguage, etc) that's all lacking in Text/IM/Email etc, and very easy to confuse what a person is ACTUALLY saying.

The follys of texting

What ever happened to answering your phone and actually talking to someone-? i really (as a personal choice) try to avoid the whole texting thing as much as possible, because as others have said, They can be very easily misinterprited. Humans comunicate in more ways then the actual word (tone of voice, disposition, body lnaguage, etc) that's all lacking in Text/IM/Email etc, and very easy to confuse what a person is ACTUALLY saying.

Not to mention, easy to mislead others.

Does he usually say more in texts??

I have to admit if a guy i hooked up with just responded with 'glad' my initial reaction would be yours as well, esp if they usually dont text one word answers. I would hope to expect a, "Yea it was good/great, or Glad you enjoyed it".

That being said though, it really might be that hes a guy, and didnt think it thru. Or was busy.

I wouldn't think anything of it. In fact, you should be somewhat happy that he said he was glad. How could it be a bad thing?

Also, don't text until you are more secure in your relationship. It's just too ambiguous.

And, this isn't a "lol, this is just how guys are" issue...there are plenty of guys who would freak out in the OP's situation and I am infamous for my short texts. Drives some of my friends (male) crazy but I really have nothing else to say. All the "are you mad at me =(" texts and "confrontations" I have gotten from past boyfriends, friends, and coworkers because I have non talking moods.

I have to admit that sometimes I worry that my bf is mad at me because of his texts. However, this has never actually been the case. Every time I've thought he's been mad at me (unless he had an obvious reason to be mad) I've been wrong. He's just been busy, or feeling sick, or tired. When I'm worried I usually text him something like "How are you feeling right now?" and he'll tell me why he's not 100% on his game.

Dont think too much of it...its a text.....I am learning that texting especially on matters of the heart is not a good thing....Save that for face to face time....this way you can see the expressions on your mates face as you express yourself...that is so important if you are trying to build a relationship.....

Archived