Do male dumpers realize what they lost?

gluestick

Hi guys,

Do male dumpers ever realize what they lost when they break up with a girl, especially if the relationship lasted a long time (at least 3+ years) and were very much in love but things didn't work out in the end? Maybe after dating a few more girls and things don't work out with them, their minds drift back to the one ex-gf they really loved? I'm just curious from a males perspective.

After my ex broke up with me, I am open to the idea that if we both happen to be single when we reconnect in the future (maybe after 2 or more years), if we still have a great connection and are completely comfortable with each other, I know I would be willing to give him another chance, should he feel the same way. Personally, I wouldn't write off the men I truly loved from my life forever and would be open to try again should the opportunity presents itself. Can I get some male perspectives or experiences if any can relate?

I am moving on and know that I will be happy and be able to love again. I just think there are certain people in your life who deserves a second chance if the timing is right. My cousin and his wife had a two year separation after the 2nd time they broke up. When they reconnected after 2 years, she was already involved with another man, in love and already moved on. After spending 2 days hanging out together, I guess something just clicked in my cousin's mind. He realized she was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Eventually she chose my cousin over the other man and they got married after 4 months. Turns out, the other guy died from cancer not too long after she got married. Funny how fate works. Any thoughts, experiences, and opinions are welcomed!

Yes, it is does happen to male dumpers. I wouldn't proceed with the hope and expectation that you will reconnect, as in put all your eggs in that one basket. But it sounds like you have a mindset of "forever is a long time, and there's always a possibility." So, that's good. But keep it in your mind as a mere possibility, with also the possibility that it will not happen.

I think it depends on the person. I know a few of my girlfriends never regret their decision to breakup with their ex-boyfriends and would never go back. I think this is mainly due to the fact that they found someone new that they loved even more and realized their ex's were not a good fit.

I think it depends on the person. I know a few of my girlfriends never regret their decision to breakup with their ex-boyfriends and would never go back. I think this is mainly due to the fact that they found someone new that they loved even more and realized their ex's were not a good fit.

If this process repeats over and over how much are they putting into it?

If this process repeats over and over how much are they putting into it?

I don't think you fall deeply in love with everyone you date. Some you really like, some are rebounds, and only a few you truly deeply loved and you only put in your best effort for those you truly loved. I think it also depends on your emotional maturity and age.

Archived