Fifth date and no kiss

blossom88

It seems a cultural issue here: Why do you think the guy has to attempt to kiss you?

Reciprocity here, honey. You should go ahead, hold the guys hand, give him a kiss and at the right time - when you feel it- even invite the guy to go your bed. That is right. That is how women where I am from do and that is the reason I am only dating women from same culture lately. I can't stand lame dates anymore.

It seems a cultural issue here: Why do you think the guy has to attempt to kiss you?
I agree with this statement. It seems a little odd that people get criticised for going for a kiss too soon and too late as if there is some sort of standard to which they have to adhere.

The no showing affection thing is usual after this many dates. I would talk to him if I were interested in him, maybe he has a personal issue, but it seems like your a good friend to him more than a date.

My 2nd husband was inexperienced, and I kissed him after some prodding from friends and several dates (I double dated a lot back then), he majorly kissed me back and that was it, a few dates later he asked to be exclusive.

I am in my late 20s and he is in his early 30s. He has dates before and so have I.

We are dating cross culturally and maybe this has also been the source of confusion.

The awkward hug I mentioned before is what has also contributed to my hesitating to intiate anymore physical contact.

Okay so I talked to the guy and could not wait any longer. I basically phrased it the same way I had planned "Are you seeing me in a romantic light or are we just friends?". He said that he did like me in "that way" and would like us to continue dating and discovering more about each other. He held me tight and we just had a sort of a cuddle. Since its established that we are in a romatic relationship I feel more comfortable initiating the physical contact. I only hope it does not go the same way the hug did! We have discussed the cultural issue and that has also cleared up a few other things.

Frankly you are waiting for godot here. Kissing doesn't have to happen on this first date but the lack of touching and physical intimacy suggersts either he's petrified, not into you, or trying to convince himself he's not gay. Any of the aforementioned scenarios are not good for you and him getting together. As a man I will not wait longer than 3 dates and that's being old fashioned really. You still have to make her feel sexy and give her the impression that you're into her by touching etc.

Did he actually say that he likes you in "that way"? That sounds like something a 13 year old would say. Maybe I'm just different? Unless his culture is super strict about these types of things, I'd probably not invest myself too much into this. It just sounds like he's not that into you, or he has no experience in dating.

Archived