I'm planning a bachelorette party...

...and I'm at a loss.

My best friend is getting married, and I'm in charge of her bachelorette party. I've only ever attended one bachelorette party, and it was mine... that she planned for me. So I don't want to just rip it off.

I want it to be something fun but classy. No penis lollipops or strippers, in other words. So what are some fun things that people do at bachelorette parties? I actually did have one thought right as I was creating this thread... that whatever we do during the evening/night, we could end the night around a fire making s'mores and throwing back a few, as long as I can find a place nearby that allows campfires...

I need help. I'm neither creative nor social.

Not sure if you're trying to take the whole general "sexy" theme out of the equation but my sister is throwing me a sex toy party. I didn't want strippers and I'm not into the whole club scene anymore and this was more cost effective. Having fun with the girls joking, eating, and drinking in a relaxed familiar atmosphere.

You could do a spa day where you get massages, facials, etc.

for one of my friend's- we had an all day event starting with mani/pedi, then brunch, then off to a hotel with drinks and then clubbing.

for another bachelorette party (more like a bridal shower)- rented a small hall, had non alcoholic drinks, food, small games like asking the bride questions about the groom and see how much she guesses right, or blindfolding a persona nd having a basket full of 5 itmes and having each person guess wats in it, pin a heart to a picture, see who gets it near the right spot etc.

The last Bachelorette party I went to, the Bride to be wore a skimpy "wedding dress" and we hit the town for the night. She had Bride to Be or Getting married or something written on her dress. She also wore a tiara among other things.

Then she was given a list of things to do throughout the night. So one might be to go to a guy and get his number. Another might be to talk to the bartender and get a free drink. Talk to a girl and get her pen. Get a guy to sign your thigh. Silly things like that.

It was actually quite fun to watch. We did have some outrageous tasks on her list, but if your friend is not Social, or doesnt do well talking to strangers, there are surely other variations of tasks that you guys can come up with.

The last Bachelorette party I went to, the Bride to be wore a skimpy "wedding dress" and we hit the town for the night. She had Bride to Be or Getting married or something written on her dress. She also wore a tiara among other things.

Then she was given a list of things to do throughout the night. So one might be to go to a guy and get his number. Another might be to talk to the bartender and get a free drink. Talk to a girl and get her pen. Get a guy to sign your thigh. Silly things like that.

It was actually quite fun to watch. We did have some outrageous tasks on her list, but if your friend is not Social, or doesnt do well talking to strangers, there are surely other variations of tasks that you guys can come up with.

That's what we did for my bachelorette party. I had a blast. I don't drink but wanted to do something other than the pub crawl my bridesmaids wanted to plan for me so I asked them to do a scavenger hunt for me. We all had a blast.

This is actually basically what she planned for me... so I don't want to just rip it off, you know? But I don't want to throw away a good idea just because it's been done before...

I planned a good friends Bachelorette party a few months ago, we started in the early afternoon my taking a pole dancing class (no nudity, you just learned how to do some basic moves and by the end of it you could do a whole dance) Then we went back to my house to clean up and to give the bride a few gifts and we hit a local gay club that had an awesome drag show. They pull all the brides to be on stage at the start and talk/joke with them. It was a lot of fun!

I'm having a Pure Romance party - sex toy party but not just sex toy - and after that hitting a few strawberry daqs back while watching chick flicks and horror movies. My kind of party.

That's what I'm having as well except mine is through Slumber Parties. I loved them when my friends had them plus you get free stuff alot of the time if you're the host.

Think of your friend and her personality...is she someone who likes to go out and party? Does she prefer staying in? Is she shy? Outgoing? I think her personality really should dictate what direction you choose for her party. I did not have a bachelorette party but personally I would have been mortified if my friends wanted me to do the "scavenger hunt" that was described in this thread. That is NOT my style. But hey, that's just me, and it sounds like it was awesome for those who did it. I guess if I did have one, I would have wanted to stay in, watch a movie, drink and just hang out...maybe play some games such as the one that tests how much you know about your husband-to-be. That sounds cute and fun to me...but I'm an introvert...your friend may have a different preference for her party. Good luck!

Archived