Face Looks Terrible from Crying. Help Please

Hi, Hoping someone can advise. I've been crying every day for around 7 weeks since the break up. I am the dumpee. I've been trying very hard, but been grieving and depressed. My face looks an absolute mess and people are noticing. I've been trying to keep my appearance okay, taking care of my hair and clothing.

I'm a woman who has always taken pride in my appearance. When I caught sight of myself yesterday in a mirror, my face just looked ugly, especially around my eyes. My forehead is looking much more lined too.

I don't like looking like this at all. I'm going interstate on the weekend to see my family and I don't want them to see me like this either. Anyone got tips especially the women. Thanks.

Try to get some sleep. That will help. if you are really stressed, try some sleeping pills. get cucumber slices to put on your eyes to depuff them. and then wear a bit of light makeup - just enough to look fresh.

get some exercise too - more water, less alcohol will help your skin.

hugs

The first thing I thought of when I read your message was using a cold wash cloth or a travel pack of facial wipes throughout the day to reduce surface redness.

Also try to make sure you're sleeping on your back, not on your stomach (my bad habit!) When you sleep on your stomach fluids can pool in your face and enhance the puffiness. You can put a pillow partially under each side of your body to make it more difficult to turn onto your stomach when you sleep.

Hope you feel better soon. xoxo

• 4 weeks later...

I like a white or flesh coloured eyeliner pencil to put on my lower waterline. It covers the redness and makes your eyes brighter (this was what made me socially acceptable for the first fortnight).

Silverbirch, I'm totally used to the puffy eyes since I'm a pretty emotional person but this morning I woke up (after crying last night and more this morning) and I was horrified at my forehead! I'm only 27 and the lines were so defined I couldn't believe it! For the eyes the best remedy I have is cold washcloth or an ice pack to take down the swelling...and of course make up to hide the redness!

Archived