When do men miss their exes?

PrettyGood

Once you break up with someone, you break that sacred circle of intimate trust between you and your partner that said "I will never leave you." Once it's been done, there's nothing to go back to, only something to move forward towards. Most often, moving forward means never talking to that person who broke up with you again.

I'm with you on this. But it sounds like the dumpee calls the shots in the end.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with you on this. But it sounds like the dumpee calls the shots in the end.

"Calls the shots?"

You break up with someone.....and they are supposed to give you a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance.

When there is nothing you can actually say or do to convince them that you will not walk away again.

It isn't "calling the shots". It is called ---- having self respect and moving on.

I'm talking about the dumper men. When do they miss their exes? And why? Give me some positive and negative examples.

This question is obviously born of trying to get back with your ex and hoping he will want you back at some point. It doesn't work that way. You can't analyze or rationalize it based on what male dumpers say. Every situation is different. Usually, someone is "dumped" for a reason. My advice is to move on with your life completely and try to find someone else eventually who you are more compatible with...

I broke up with my last gf after the summer. Do I miss her? Sure, parts of her I definitely miss. Do I regret breaking things off with her? No, not even a little bit. She wasn't right for me and I wasn't right for her. But I am happy to have experienced the time we spent together over the 5 or so months we were seeing each other. I will take the good things that I found that I liked from her and look for those traits in my next endeavor.

What exactly was the reason why you broke up with her? Just curious.

Well, first off she was straight out of a relationship which was an obvious red flag that I should have listened to. Also, our chemistry was a bit off. We were attracted to each other physically, but our sexual mentalities were not a match at all. Basically our chemistry both physical and mental was not where it should be, and from the beginning I knew it would be an issue and it was. Along with her baggage from her ex-bf. She was constantly projecting her crap from her ex onto me. She needed time to heal for her to be good in a relationship. All of those factors led me to decide that time spent with her was not practical nor was it a good use our time, since I needed something different from someone. And I do.

I will continue my search and not settle for a pretty face and and intimacy that makes me want to yawn afterwards. And next time I will without a doubt make sure there is no fresh out of a relationship type of baggage with someone. Basically I want it all. And I won't give up until I find it all with someone. I want "incredible" chemistry with someone, where we both fit perfectly and are on the same page with important parts of a relationship....or nothing at all.

There were other things too but those are the highlights I think lol. She was cool though and there were no bad feelings with each other after the breakup. Just weren't the right match that's all.

Archived