How do I get my crush to approach me?

aprilgoddess

I have had a crush on this guy in my gym for the past 6 months. He stares a lot at me and I am sure he likes me too. Thanks to my shyness, I come accross as unapproachable due to which very few people in the gym talk to me. I need to break the ice somehow.I am extremely shy and they is no way that I would approach him.Also, I have a feeling he has a gf, which is another reason I don't want to approach him. He seems to be an outgoing type who talks to everyone. How do I get him to approach me?

I have had a crush on this guy in my gym for the past 6 months. He stares a lot at me and I am sure he likes me too. Thanks to my shyness, I come accross as unapproachable due to which very few people in the gym talk to me. I need to break the ice somehow.I am extremely shy and they is no way that I would approach him.Also, I have a feeling he has a gf, which is another reason I don't want to approach him. He seems to be an outgoing type who talks to everyone. How do I get him to approach me?

If he has been staring at you for 6 months but has not approached you ,you obviously have to change something .Give him some encouragement ,smile at him ,just say ''Hi'' and see what happens.

sigh! I freeze up whenever he is around... i would be more confident if i knew that he didnt have a gf... since we are both regulars and are generally there at the same time, I dont wanna create an awkward situation coz I cant change my gym...

We have had lot of eye-contact but it never goes beyond that.. He is friendly with everyone but doesnt smile at me...hmmm...Maybe I'll give him a smile the next time we pass each other..that itself will be a big step for me...am tht shy! lets see

How do you think he is supposed to know that you have any kind of interest, if you don't even smile at him? I'm all for woman being more proactive when it comes to approaching guys.

What can possibly go wrong to such an extend that you think of changing gyms, by approaching him and saying 'hi'. Even if he has a girlfriend there is nothing wrong or embarrassing with having a friendly chat.

OMFG i am in the exact same situation as you??? I need your help as well as u need mine lol!! Please inbox meeeee

OMFG i am in the exact same situation as you??? I need your help as well as u need mine lol!! Please inbox meeeee

hey jaydedgirl

I can't pm yet since I haven't made a sufficient no of posts... but we seem to be in the same boat...I have such a mad crush on him...haven't seen him the last 3 days ...we need a plan...sigh!

You're supposed to give him a hint, not put on your poker face! Don't you think it's a bit odd that he talks to everyone but YOU? There's a reason for that.

We do have a lot of eye-contact.Every time I am about to smile, I see his poker face and my smile freezes. It's indeed odd why he is friendly with everyone but me. Either he knows that I like him but is not interested or he likes me but doesn't know that I am interested...

Don't you think it's a bit odd that he talks to everyone but YOU? There's a reason for that.

I was thinking the same thing.

OP: After 6 months and he's never made a move, in any way, never shown any obvious interest etc, is friendly with everyone but you ....perhaps he's just not that into you?

I was thinking the same thing.

OP: After 6 months and he's never made a move, in any way, never shown any obvious interest etc, is friendly with everyone but you ....perhaps he's just not that into you?

hmm.. maybe you are right....maybe he is just not into me... but that would suck! I hope that's not the case. His eyes follow me all the time.. and it's not like I am weird or anything..I am pretty normal, can be considered fairly attractive...and there are small things that let me know that he is definitely interested...I have had a crush on him for 6 months... the first three months he wasn't that regular, nor was I.. He has started showing interest only in the past 3 months and since then he has become fairly regular..He also adjusted his timings to match mine...It's probably wishful thinking on my part to assume it's coz of me ..maybe he is just less busy and has more time to spend on his fitness... but I can feel some chemistry

...It's probably wishful thinking on my part to assume it's coz of me ..maybe he is just less busy and has more time to spend on his fitness... but I can feel some chemistry

it's just when I read your words: "It's indeed odd why he is friendly with everyone but me that it makes me come to the conclusion of maybe not that into you and possible wishful thinking on your part. I think after 6 months there would have been SOME positive sign of interest by now, but that not being the case .......... well, .........

We do have a lot of eye-contact.Every time I am about to smile, I see his poker face and my smile freezes. It's indeed odd why he is friendly with everyone but me. Either he knows that I like him but is not interested or he likes me but doesn't know that I am interested...

Perhaps it's niether .He won't approach you [regardless of whether he is interested or not ]because you look like you don't want to be approached .I know that sounds harsh but I too inadvertently did give off that impression for a long time .Smile at him ,make eye contact and he will approach regardless if he is interested or not since he talks to everyone else .

Hey April.. I haven't seen my crush going on 3 weeks now, he hasn't showed up once I'm missing him alot now. I don't know what happened to him whether he found another gym or maybe something happened. He used to look at me all the time like ur crush looks at you but after 5 months he started smiling at me and I smile back.. It felt like there's was nobody else at gym. He then progressed to wave at me when he would see me and before he would leave.. We never spoke though.. I'm too shy. So how's things with you and your crush?? better I hopexx

Hey April.. I haven't seen my crush going on 3 weeks now, he hasn't showed up once I'm missing him alot now. I don't know what happened to him whether he found another gym or maybe something happened. He used to look at me all the time like ur crush looks at you but after 5 months he started smiling at me and I smile back.. It felt like there's was nobody else at gym. He then progressed to wave at me when he would see me and before he would leave.. We never spoke though.. I'm too shy. So how's things with you and your crush?? better I hopexx

Hey Jayded.. very similar situation here..haven't seen him for a week now..A couple of days I couldn't go and he didn't show up the rest of the days...I hope your crush comes back next week..and mine tooo Atleast your crush waves at you..mine just stares and follows me around the gym..not like a stalker..but in a subtle way..

It's Easter holidays and my crush hasn't showed up once to the gym, either he's gone lazy or moved away it is rather discouraging since I liked him alot, hoping he would return though. Hope yours return as well. I wish I couldve spoken to my crush but I'm too too shy xoxo keep me upated

Archived