Suicide when you are a mother

minerva82

Minerva, reading your post the first thing I thought was that you might have post-natal depression. How long have you felt like this?

You absolutely need to arrange to speak with a doctor/mental health professional about your feelings - they will not judge you, they will help you. You and your son deserve the best go at life.

I would never ever hurt my child, so no, no protection needed!!!

yes, but if you commit suicide, the child will be irrepairable damaged. Someone I was close to did so and their child is not the same. They were fairly social and are now a loner. They have little direction in their life and they drift between being an over-pleaser when they meet a member of the opposite sex thinking that if only they are over the top good will the person not disappear (even using sexual favors, and treating people with contempt and distance fearing getting close. It is a radical difference. Also, there was a younger child in the family that would not have been aware of what was going on and she is also very disturbed and always ask questions about what happened constantly now that she is older. All of the papers she writes in school is sort of revolving around trying to make sense of the senseless and that's a heavy topic for a little one. She has been in and out of counselors offices, etc, since she was 5 and the suicide happened when she was 3 1/2.

• 2 years later...

Alright, I registered on this site just to reply to you. At first, I want you to tell me you still live; This thread is 2 years old.

I've read your first thread (enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371417), and immediantly registered, because I wanted to know how that story ended. Well, now I know how it continued until here...

EDIT: I just saw you wrote an update later. That sounded good...

I won't answer properly to this thread now, because I guess that would be kind of pointless regarding the age of this thread. I just really, really hope the situation is better now, and I want you to reply to this, please.

I repeat, please reply! Thank you.

Archived