Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was scary apparently it was a three alarm blaze . The two fire stations in town and the base fire department responded . Someone set fire to brush near the PMQ patch . Thankfully the fire didn’t jump the road . It didn’t lead to a good night’s sleep let me tell you. I had panic attacks while asleep that woke me and had one shortly after waking. Spousal network was in a tizzy last night . I guess we better keep our eyes open .

Today I go to someone’s house for care. Not what I prefer but the people are desperate. And not what our centre allows for the safety of all concerned but they begged my boss and my boss begged me and then went to the ED for permission. I hate going to people’s houses because it makes me feel unsafe . It makes me a wreck. But it is only 4 hours I can do it.

I pulled out my digital copy of my First Aid and CPR certification incase she needed it . But coming from the centre she knows I have my certification and my vaccinations are up to date etc. Tested for TB etc. And I will get her a reference letter from my boss as she wants to make a private deal with me for further care .

We found out on Sunday my MIL has cancer again for the third time .

She is almost 84 and having a second mastectomy in August. She has breast cancer again after 25 years. My husband will be going down for a week to look after his dad who has Parkinson’s and dementia.

One of my cats has stomatitis and is having 4 teeth removed in Nov.

My honey will be going to spend a week at minimum with his parents. I mean they need to be looked after but this is just further enabling their total dependence on their kids . This is not going to get any better it will only get worse and someone’s going to crack .

Things have gotten better at work since last Friday when I told the micromanager that she was a bossy boots. We were sorting stuff for our move . And there was a book something about being bossy . And she said oh it sounds like me . And I said yes you are a bossy boots. She said I’m more bossy at home and I said well you’re just as bossy here . We both laughed and she has backed off and thanked me for a nice day.

Today we drove back home to visit my in laws and my folks. This week my MIL fell and smacked her face off a wooden chair. She looks a god awful mess. Her face is bruised from the top of her head all the way around the bottom of her chin to the other side of her face. Her one whole arm is entirely black from her husband trying to get her up. She is on blood thinners so she looks a right mess. :/ Broke my heart.

Today my son wants to go back to our old family home. He wants to say hello to his tree . This is a tree I planted for him the year he started kindergarten . Now it is a huge massive beautiful maple . Always used to say good night to it in the fall and good morning to it in the spring . We can’t into the yard of course because it’s now sold to other people but I told him he could see it from the street .

I don’t really want to see the house because I’ve heard the people have changed a lot . That makes me very emotional . I know it is no longer my home but it was a place we called home it was a family home , The only real one we ever had . Well, I ever had.

On Tuesday my mom is forcing my step dad to go to the dr. because he has had a lot of rectal bleeding and his brother has had colon cancer three times . And three out of his three siblings have had cancer .

What is going on here ! everybody is getting cancer at the same time !!!

We can’t lose everybody at once .

Archived