Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning waking up we were just so happy to be in the same place together. We decided that there is too much work going on and we need to spend more time together . He said we need to spend more time doing what the other person likes even if we don’t like it.

I texted my 2 bosses at 6 AM to let them know I could not work. They said to just get better. I am so sick at this point I am not sure I can make it to the clinic under my own steam. I can’t really call my best friend because she doesn’t drive . My boss who is like good friend can’t help me because of course she has to do my work . My son is terrified of getting germs and won’t go . Hospitals and clinics and such terrify him . And my husband is at work . I have to get there though because I will continue to get more sick .

I think I am starting to get a tiny bit better . I am expected back at work tomorrow because my boss’s husband is having surgery . I’m not sure how long I will be able to drag myself through the day because it is a 14 hour day .

Today for the first time my son made me soup! With the aid of a new CanOpener one easier for him to operate he was able to get the can open make it for me and bring it up . It was perfect ❤️

I have to go to work today. I am still pretty sick but absolutely no one to cover me. *SIGH* I cant even be sick. I am going to sleep between shifts I think. Yesterday my two bosses text me , the church ladies text me , family text me .... all starting at 8 AM. Asking me to work extra today are you still going to be able to do the meet and greet on Sunday Etc etc... I was getting so mad . Just let me die in peace . I think at one point when I was asleep my son came in and turned my phone off . He said you heard somebody text you while you were asleep mom and actually started to cry . I turned it off so people could leave you alone . You should really stay home another day mom and just sleep .

There is a horrendous cold going around work. Kids are dropping like flies. Colds, ear infections ,fever ,diarrhoea . One room was missing seven of their 13 kids. Another staff member has double pneumonia . Then there is me with a horrible sinus and chest infection . And another staff member is throwing up .

It is god awful we need to hose people down with Lysol .

On the weekend my husband and I were looking at RV’s . We saw some ones that we really liked . My husband is now thinking of getting one before retirement and doing some travelling or camping .

Taking my son to the college today to get him booked in for taking his program again.

Archived