I am on the verg of cracking up here so any help would be good I've been friends with my ex for 7 months now ( we were together for 5 years didn't see each other for 5 months or so after the break up)

we haven't had sex but we do everything together that a couple would do. I guess I'm confused and lost again!!

I did everything by the book played it cool, I've been a great friend to her and still she doesn't make a move on me - how much more can I take.

I'm scared of losing her as a friend because we do get on so well and I would miss her forever if I couldn't see her again because of my feelings but at the same time this isn't good. How on earth do I bring this up without sounding weak?

I'm fed up with reading the signs with her i.e when she sleeps in the same bed as me or hugs me for no reason or rubs my leg. sometimes I think she's doing it just as a friend other times I think she must know this would be leading me on. Please what would you guys do in this situation?

Hi beco,

I'm at the stage where my ex wants us to be "best friends" but it was only 3 weeks ago that she ended it saying that she needed space etc. Your situation makes me determined not to fall into the trap you are in. We are currently going through NC, which was my decision not hers. I think it is best.

She is leading you along, keeping you hanging by a string. I know I couldn't be friends with someone I devoted my life to for 3 and a half years. It would be even worse to see her all the time and be reading into her every move what you are doing - it would drive me crazy! I think you should do what you feel is best, and after all that time you should maybe broach the subject of trying again. Only my opinion of course, but otherwise you could carry on with her teasing you (intentionally or not) for another 12 months and you will look back and regret it.

Thank you for that, like I said any help welcome. This is truly one of the hardest thing's I've gone through maybe even worse than the break up it's self a year ago purley for the fact that once this is sorted there really will be no going back and that thought alone makes me sad.

I know in my heart of hearts she doesn't want me back maybe this is why I am scared of dealing with the situation.

Hi Beco,

Why is your Ex girlfriend sleeping in the same bed with you? That is not appropriate if she is your Ex(and I bet she knows this)

Don't you think she might be waiting for YOU to make the first move? Have you tried? Maybe it's time you talked to her about getting back together, it might be what she is waiting for.

Hi .I have a similar problem with my ex gf .We were only together a few months but that was ;long enough to know that I had met the most amazing girl I have ever met in my life.

A couple weeks after she broke up with me we started hanging out again.We went to movies,rollerblading and camping together.She would hold my hand ,put her arm around me and sit on my lap.It was driving me crazy trying to read signals into all these things.

Well two weeks ago i told her I can't be just friends because it was hurting to much.I have stardated NC in the hope that she might miss me and think twice about us.It is really hard every day I want to call her and say lets be friends again but this is the only thing I can do to get her back.

good luck

No I haven't made any move I asked about getting back together when I started seeing her again 7 motnhs ago but she said it was to soon which I agree with but it's along time on now she must realize I want her back.